Conference Managers is a third-party meeting planning firm established in 1989, who partners with clients to create successful and memorable annual conferences, meetings and trade shows. Events range in type, industry, and size. The services Conference Managers provides include logistic arrangements, speaker manager, exhibits sales and management, sponsorship sales, and registration. Conference Managers' extensive knowledge of exposition and conference management allows us to provide services with minimal direction, while becoming an integral part of our clients’ organizations.
The Logistics Exhibits Assistant at Conference Managers will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service and support to logistics and exhibits managers for multiple national conferences. The ideal candidate will be an energetic person and detail oriented, with excellent written and verbal communication skills who can work efficiently in a past faced environment. The candidate should also have a willingness and drive to work individually and as a team member.
Assist with Logistical management for all conferences to include, but not limited to:
- Edit and maintain staging guides for conferences and meeting
- Assist in coordinating master account housing with hotels/clients/attendees
- Assist with app development
- Assist in the research and comparison of conference vendors/properties/venues
- Research deliverables for conferences Update standard forms
- Set up travel discounts
Assist with Exhibit management for all conferences to include, but not limited to:
- Email and phone communication for conference exhibitions
- Process exhibit payments
- Maintain prospective exhibitor files
- Cold call prospective exhibitors
- Send balance due invoices
- Produce onsite exhibitor materials
- Produce and tabulate surveys
- Answer general inquiries via phone and email
Answer general inquiries via phone and email
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or any combination of education and experience that shows experience in a customer relations or event planning environment
- Exceptional customer relations skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities in a fast-paced team environment and meet critical deadlines, as well as working independently
- Excellent database management and proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and the desire to be part of a committed work team
- Strong work ethic with an enthusiastic, positive attitude, and the highest level of integrity
- Maintain regular and timely attendance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.