Responsible for planning and implementing assigned areas in the Convention Center for the NADA Show (Top 50 Tradeshow in the U.S.) and ATD Show, which consists of over 22,000 attendees. Serve as meeting planner for the NY Auto Forum, which consists of over 400 attendees.
- Manage all function space assignments within the convention center for the NADA Show.
- Coordinate designs and floor plans with contractor for public convention areas to include: Lifestyle, NADA PAC suite, NADA PAC display, charging stations, Time Dealer of the Year Display, directional signage and banners.
- Plan and implement logistics at the Convention Center for the NADA Show and ATD Show. This includes: room set-up, food and beverage and logistical requirements for the NADA press office, multimedia, video offices, franchise meetings, make meetings Lifestyle, NADA PAC suite, NADA PAC display, International Lounge, charging stations, Time Dealer of the Year Display. Also, implement logistical requirements for any other added association areas. Work with internal departments and external suppliers to collect logistical needs.
- Manage travel discounts at the convention to include: car rental, and airline transportation.
- Plan, coordinate and create content for Lifestyle at the NADA Show. This includes program themes, schedule of events, and activities. Produce Lifestyle on-site program for attendees.
- Develop working relationships with vendors, facility personnel and industry representatives. Maintain communication with internal departments providing convention logistical support.
- Plan all logistics for the NY Auto Forum, working closely with Industry Affairs to implement all program needs with hotel.
- Participate in planning meetings and site inspections for the NADA Show.
- Assist with proofing website, mobile app, and on-site program directory.
- Create request for proposal for various credential materials and distribute for bids. Collect bids and negotiate pricing. Coordinate material ordering, submission of artwork, production schedule and shipping.
- Review and reconcile various vendor invoices.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education and Work Experience
Five years convention and meeting planning experience, CMP preferred with at least one year of program development experience required. Individual must possess strong multi-tasking and exceptional organizational skills. Person must be able to handle multiple tasks with tight deadlines and have the ability to work under pressure. Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary. Experience with Access, Microsoft Word, Excel and other computer applications required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will occasionally be required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must have the ability to travel up to 10%