AMERICAN COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC SURGEONS
TITLE: Manager, Education and Events
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
Plans, implements, and supports educational activities to close the knowledge and/or performance-in-practice gaps of ACOS members, administers live and online education programs, identify new trends in adult-learning, apply strategic approach to educational programs across all ACOS venues. The manager will also work with volunteer leaders and subject matter experts to create timely and relevant content to address identified knowledge and skill gaps of ACOS members.
Under the guidance of the Director, Education & Events:
- Support the work of the
ACOS Continuing Education Committee, including:
- Assist with developing programs based on member needs assessments, environmental awareness, and specialty requirements.
- Manage meetings and communications with the committee.
- Develop and distribute meeting materials.
- Participate in conference calls and in-person meetings.
- Provide faculty/speaker
support services including:
- Collect and manage faculty/speaker forms, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Coordinate speaker presentations.
- Ensure proper documentation for CME activity development and compliance with ACCME and AOA requirements.
- Process speaker honorariums/expense reimbursements.
- Provide on-site faculty/speaker support.
- Develop content for online
- Development of a calendar, at least 12 months out, of planned webinars.
- Set up online webinars in the Learning Management System.
- Provide staff support to faculty/speakers before, during, and after, the webinar.
- Identify and manage subject matter experts, internal and external, as speakers for ACOS education channels, including the ACA, In-Depth Review, and online learning.
- Support topic proposal and abstract submission management process by serving as the lead administrator of online submission site. Includes training volunteers and staff on how to use the technology, monitoring work flow and process; sending reminders about deadlines; making recommendations for improvements, etc. Proactively identify educational adult-learning trends, learning technology, and other resources available to improve instructional design and delivery of educational content.
- Provide support in collection of required data for periodic AOA Document Survey (CME compliance audit) and future ACCME audits.
- Prepare summary data reports from evaluations for faculty/speakers, Continuing Education Committee, and the ACOS Board.
- Develop and submit grant applications and in-kind proposals, conduct appropriate follow-up, and complete final reconciliation.
- Work with third party vendor on the development of attendee support systems for educational activities, to include mobile apps, website/online itinerary planners, evaluation sites, etc.
- Assist with logistical set-up for all events, including signage, room set, and A/V.
- Provide support to attendees in accessing, completing, and reporting CME credits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to the Director of Education & Events
- · BA/BS degree required in business, association management, or education.
- · 3-5 years of experience with CME/adult learning programs.
- · In-depth knowledge of ACCME guidelines/standards.
- · Strong attention to detail skills.
- · Must have ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and work collaboratively.
- · Competent skills with MS Office Suite.
- · Previous experience writing educational grant funding requests.
- · Demonstrated ability to write well, proofread and edit, and communicate effectively and diplomatically.
- · Ability to take personal ownership of all responsibilities.
- · Occasional travel and weekend work.
- · CAE credential or other professionally-related credential
- · Knowledge of other CME-related guidelines for medical professionals, including AOA standards.
- · Previous experience utilizing iMIS association software or other membership database system.
- · Previous experience with Cadmium CD Harvester speaker management system and/or iCohere (or other learning management system).
- · Experience working with committee and leadership volunteers in a membership organization.
- Demonstrated experience developing innovative learning programs utilizing the latest in adult learning theories.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.