Trucking Associations (ATA), the nation’s leading trade and lobby
association representing the trucking industry, is actively seeking an
energetic and creative Manager Event
Services. This position participates
in all logistical facets on assigned events in ATA’s Event Services Department.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Participates in the logistical management of all facets of the ATA event services as assigned.
- Provides input to Director of Event Services on selection of sites for all ATA events as assigned. Provides input on negotiations and finalizing contracts and food and beverage with hotels.
- Solicits and reviews RFPs for hotels/convention centers to host various meetings and the services/supplies required therewith relating to but not limited to audio visual/production, office equipment, security, temporary help, entertainment, speakers, transportation, printing.
- Prepares spec sheets for events as assigned to be sent to hotel/convention centers.
- Works closely with Director on all promotional materials (on-site program, brochures, advertisements, e-marketing campaigns, letters, etc.) associated with the assigned meetings. Maintains detailed schedules for all meetings assigned.
- Is involved in the on-site management of ATA events as assigned.
- Reviews for accuracy and submits for approval all bills relating to all ATA events as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- BS/BA degree plus 5-7 years’ experience in areas of meetings management with an association or corporation of equal or larger size;
- Hotel experience in convention and catering services a plus;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills; and
- Ability to travel as required.
ATA offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is located in Arlington, Va., outside of Washington, D.C., within walking distance of the Ballston Metro station.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the US. Please no third-party, agency responses, re-postings, calls or walk-ins. ATA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action and At-Will employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on their own merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.