Meetings Manager's primary objective includes selling, promoting and securing
meetings opportunities for Anaheim/Orange County. This position is responsible
for increasing Anaheim's market share of meetings, conventions and events
business generating occupancy and tourism tax revenues for the city of Anaheim
and Garden Grove.
Responsibilities also include understanding the strategic needs of customers, offering business solutions and securing business opportunities for Visit Anaheim partners and a detailed knowledge of destination and Partners.
direction of the Senior Director, Meeting Sales, responsibilities will include
but will not be limited to:
1. Responsible for developing sales plans to create awareness of destination and aggressively pursue all meeting opportunities and exceed goals based on assigned accounts and territories.
2. Responsibilities include: selling to specific accounts/territories, create and deliver sales presentations/proposals, site visits, generate qualified leads and securing definite bookings.
3. Strive to understand the strategic needs/objective of each customer to offer strategic business solutions and quantify the value of the business to Visit Anaheim.
4. Nurture relationships with current clients and secure new accounts that have not utilized Anaheim/Orange County. This scope covers all sizes of meetings as assigned, as to meet the needs of all members of the Visit Anaheim, inclusive of member partners.
5. Responsible for maintenance and coordination of existing files/accounts and ensuring all accounts, customer information and sales activities are entered in to Visit Anaheim Sales Database.
6. Responsible for data entry of all pertinent information of the account status by logging activity reports and trace dates to continuously update progress and contact with each account.
7. Create new accounts as a result of qualifying and solicitation of businesses throughout targeted region/ account base
8. Must be able to travel, when necessary, to any US destination for business development purposes.
9. Coordinate and execute tradeshows and client events as assigned.
10. Coordinate sales trips and events with Sales ector(s) in same region to maximize customer penetration and budget/time investments.
11. Maintain visibility in the marketplace through membership and participation in industry associations (MPI, PCMA, IAEE, ASAE, ESPA, etc.), as appropriate and approved. Increase business opportunities by enhancing knowledge and relationships to the meetings/events industry.
12. Responsible for producing monthly reports, participation in conference calls, review of leads and bookings as assigned by supervisor. Management of assigned budgets and submission of expense reports accurately and timely.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.