THIS POSITION CAN BE BASED IN NASHVILLE, TN OR LITTLE ROCK, AR
Expanding meeting management department is in need of a collaborative, energetic, and creative management professional with strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Responsible for detailed planning & execution of multiple regional conferences from site selection and planning to logistics and onsite management. Position is fast paced and requires 30-40 nights of travel annually, including some weekends.
Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of our success!
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Manager of Chapter and Meeting Services will combine management skills, passionate energy, determination, and creativity for chapter membership growth, retention, satisfaction and educational meetings. To facilitate these goals, he or she will:
- Influence and assist with chapter leadership development, support and succession planning
- Develop, implement and manage strategies for long term chapter and meeting success
- Have significant autonomy to plan and deliver conferences/meetings of the highest standard that meet educational, budgetary, timeline and attendance goals
- Manage content and speaker selection, online registration site, logistics planning, and onsite conference implementation
- Collaborate with staff for RFP, Food and Beverage, A/V and other support services
- Be ready and willing to creatively collaborate with marketing & sales regarding your chapter and conferences as needed
- Be available to travel 30-40 nights annually including weekends
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute professional association chapter meetings adhering to a rigorous conference planning timeline
- Serve as the key point of contact and resource for chapter Boards to facilitate chapter development and growth
- Collaborate with Marketing for brochure development and conference promotion strategy
- Ensure conference budget and attendance goals are met or exceeded
- Ensure chapter member satisfaction goals are met or exceeded
- Develop and support engagement strategies
- Responsible for influencing and assisting with succession planning for board members
- Execution of clear and professional speaker and chapter board communication
- Ensure chapter membership goals for retention and growth are met or exceeded
- Ensure compliance monitoring for chapter policy and regulatory requirements
- Oversee final hotel and venue contracts, BEOs and other vendors based on conference requirements
- Use chapter dashboard to strategically monitor chapter goals
- Oversee RFP and site selection, content management, speaker selection, building online registration site, logistics planning and onsite conference management
- Develop/Manage other chapter initiatives or functions as needed
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university
- 3 years’ experience managing a portfolio of meetings, accounts or business units - planning, implementing and achieving goals through established strategies.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated project management & creative problem-solving skills with an ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines at one time
- Exceptional organizational, detail orientation, and follow up skills
- Ability and flexibility to manage multiple priorities and deadlines at one time
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and establish and nurture cooperative working relationships with diverse groups
- Experience with association meeting management, chapter relation, account management or business unit management
COMMUNICATION AND CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
- Ability to read, analyze, and understand general business/company related articles and professional journals;
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
- Proficient: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Intermediate: Contact Management, Database
- Basic: Presentation/PowerPoint
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CMP / CAE desired
WHY YOU SHOULD COME WORK FOR US
We offer medical, dental, vision, and 401k benefits, 12 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, time off to volunteer (after 2 years of service), and a great team of people!
We offer opportunities for advancement for those who are motivated, bring their A-game, and have a passion for excellence.
You can find out about part of what we do at http://www.acmaweb.org/
Please submit a cover letter, salary requirements, and a resume to HR DirectorCGi IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. NO RECRUITMENT FIRMS PLEASE