As the world’s largest and most reliable resource for destination organizations, Destinations International informs, connects, inspires and educates our members with the goal to drive destination economic impact, job creation, community sustainability and quality of life through travel.
The Manager of Strategic Alliances is responsible for working with external strategic partners and sponsors of Destinations International to develop, activate and fulfill sponsorship/partnership plans/agreements by leveraging and delivering resources, delivering strong results for Destinations International and its leading partners.
If this could be a great opportunity to extend your professional reach view full position overview / apply now: http://bit.ly/2oX9W0t
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Work with Executive Vice President of Global Development and Strategic Alliances to conceive, plan, secure and execute cash and in- kind sponsorships/strategic partnerships and packages for key events.
• Manage and maintain system to successfully fulfill activation of agreements and tracking of benefits/activation in CRM system.
• Work closely with departments across organization to manage relationships, identify opportunities, and deliver on sponsor/partner fulfillment.
• Maintain and update inventory of assets and opportunities across organization that are available for sponsors/partners.
• Identify cross-partner opportunities between organizations.
• Collect data from departments across organization to analyze and deliver reports to sponsors/partners and determine results of partnerships.
• Prepare for and participate in internal and external meetings/calls/site visits, including development of presentations. • Build and maintain data on existing and prospective sponsors/strategic partners.
• Develop draft communications and documents. • General administrative and other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business, Marketing, Communications or Hospitality or equivalent practical work experience.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in sponsorship, partnerships or related field, with working knowledge of sales, proposal writing, servicing and fulfillment of agreements.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written), including strong presentation skills.
• Solid understanding of marketing channels and their role in partnerships, including social media platforms.
• Prior experience in hospitality, customer service, meeting/events, and official destination organizations and convention and visitor bureaus (CVBs) a plus.