This is a critical role in the development, planning and execution of NAB Show; a top-10 U.S. tradeshow with a complex conference program, highly-produced keynotes and an exciting and evolving tradeshow floor. This position will lead the logistical activities for conference programming at NAB tradeshows and act as primary point of contact for catering and audio-visual partners. In addition, he/she will also be required to provide meeting planning support for association events and conferences. The manager will be expected to provide input toward event goals and deliver cutting-edge solutions with these objectives in mind, delivering ROI to customers and striving to keep our events fresh, relevant and productive.
Visit https://www.nab.org/documents/about/ftPositions/managerTradeshows.asp for full details about this position.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for operational and logistical activities for assigned areas to include: meeting room allocation, session signage, meeting room set-ups, stage design, electrical, audio visual, and coordination of audio taping, simultaneous translation, and sign language translation of sessions.
- Manage event requirements for attendee and customer lounges, on-site affiliate meetings and staff events.
- Foster the catering vendor relationship and oversee all activities associated with food and beverage.
- Maintain meeting specification databases, continually seeking and suggesting ways to better utilize tools to make the ordering and management a smoother process for NAB and vendors.
- Partner closely with the Content team to maximize efficiencies across work-streams, including conference program producers, audio visual partners, attendee services and through the use of the content management system.
- Foster and maintain relationships with audio-visual vendor, facility convention service managers and other necessary official contractors to accomplish operational goals.
- Prepare post-show analysis of operational activities. Make recommendations for changes and improvements including a written assessment of all contractors, services and facilities.
- Proactively engage in strategic and creative planning with the team by keeping abreast of industry trends and innovative event design ideas. Maintain awareness of available services and contractors and their potential impact to the success of NAB events.
- Responsible for the oversight and consistent tracking of complex event budgets.
- Prepare RFP’s, negotiate terms and make recommendations regarding the selection of contractors.
- Assist with special projects and events as assigned.
- Complete understanding of technical aspects of meeting planning and tradeshow production for major expositions and the associated challenges.
- Attention to detail – the individual will ensure that contracts, reports and other documentation is accurate and clear to understand.
- Highly motivated, flexible and self-starter.
- Available to travel (25%).
Please email your cover letter with salary range and resume (PDF documents only) to HR@nab.org. You may fax it to (202) 775-2983 if you prefer. Please include the title of the position that you are applying to in the subject line of your email or fax cover sheet. Incomplete applications may not be considered. We require all applicants to provide cover letters and resumes in portable document format (PDF). Microsoft Word documents will not be opened or reviewed.
The National Association of Broadcasters is a trade association that advocates on behalf of free, local radio and television stations and also broadcast networks before Congress, the Federal Communications Commission and the Courts.
NAB is an equal opportunity employer.