CoinDesk is the #1 media company in the hypergrowth world of blockchain & digital assets. We help seasoned professionals and those who are brand new stay current on the evolving industry, giving them the smart content they need to make the decisions that impact their businesses. CoinDesk reaches tens of millions of people around the world and thousands of people attend our Consensus global events every year.
We are seeking an event marketing & business development expert to execute on marketing and partnerships for all of our events, including Consensus and Blockchain Week, Consensus: Invest, and other regional events that we are working on.
Top Reasons to Work for CoinDesk:
- We are the #1 media & events company dedicated to blockchain
- Opportunity to influence the direction of the company and our voice externally
- Be a part of a rapidly growing company in a sector that everybody is trying to understand
As part of the CoinDesk team, you will:
- Develop a marketing & narrative plan for each event
- Manage various aspects of the marketing plan, including email and advertising
- Work on business development deals to find partners that are incentivized to sell tickets to various events
- Talk to the audience about what they are most interested in learning about
- Help support other marketing & business development initiatives to help CoinDesk grow overall
90 - 120-day Goals for this position include:
Audience - As noted on our 'About' page, our mandate is 'to inform, educate and connect the global community as the authoritative daily news provider dedicated to chronicling the space.'
- Review the CoinDesk platform end-to-end and ascertain a minimum of 15 missed opportunities in the audience experience.
- Based on the above stopgaps, develop 1-3 solutions per issue to improve fluidity throughout the customer experience.
- Review the current at and distribution of CoinDesk newsletters and recommend 1-3 methods of improvement. This can include time of send, at, audience segmentation, etc.
- Identify 3 new products to enter beta in 2019 that serve our mandate.
Events- We currently organize and host industry-leading events with competition around the world so we must improve our content, the attendee experience, service to our sponsors and internal processes.
- Develop an annual, cross-platform marketing plan for all events (this may be more like a 6-month project)
- Define, execute and nurture 10+ new partnerships to increase brand awareness, attendee adoption and cross-industry exposure.
- Develop a post-conference marketing plan utilizing onsite assets to increase the reach of the Conference
Podcasts/Video - These are new products for CoinDesk and require attention to achieve an increase in awareness and distribution.
- Develop a cross-platform marketing plan to increase daily downloads to 7,500 by December 31, 2018
- Develop a marketing plan for a minimum of 1 new podcast in 2019
- Define, execute and nurture 3+ new partnerships to increase brand awareness, subscriber adoption and cross-industry exposure.
- Develop a marketing plan for CoinDesk Productions that includes 2+ marketing partnerships outside of the endemic blockchain/crypto industry
Data - 2-3 new products will be released in 2019. How will people discover these products? I am new to 'data as a product' so this would be yours to own in its entirety with others on staff at your disposal, including me, to share eas, beta test, etc.
Skills to have:
- Strong marketing copywriting
- Business development experience
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as with others
- The ability to manage multiple projects and balance the needs of various events in different stages of launch
- Impeccable grammar and writing skills: you don't need to be edited
About the Culture:
CoinDesk is a quickly growing company with incredible ambition. We care about the work that we do and about our mission to inform and educate the blockchain community. You will have an immediate impact on the growth of CoinDesk. At our growth stage, it is important that you can communicate fearlessly across departments and offer support even if it falls outside the job description. Ultimately, we are a close-knit team that takes huge pride in the opportunity we have. We want you to join us.
This role reports to CoinDesk's VP of Events.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- Event Marketing: 3 years (Required)
- Business Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Event Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- New York, NY 10017 (Required)