Primary Purpose: The Council of Insurance Agents & Brokers is seeking a Meeting & Event Associate to assist with various aspects of the development and coordination for educational and networking events, working groups, and virtual trainings. The individual is responsible for using effective time management and quality customer service to assist with daily duties in support of the department, provide members with support, and manage the registration process for over 50 annual events. The individual will also be responsible for supporting and sometimes managing the planning and overall execution of The Council’s Academy programs.
Meeting Department Responsibilities
· Responsible for all Meetings Department administrative duties, such as communication with members, vendors, and internal staff; Salesforce data entry; supply management and other responsibilities as assigned
· Point of contact for general meeting related inquiries
· Provides clear communication with members, vendors, and internal departments.
· Meeting Registration
- Assist with the processing of all registrations
- Manages the reconciliation of registration payments
- Sends written confirmation to each registrant and ensures that the confirmation is continually up to date with any current changes
· Coordinates the production of badges for all meetings, including maintaining badge machine and supplies
· Collaborate with meetings team and additional stakeholders to develop and manage registration process
· Assists in creating and maintaining event websites, conference apps, and other online tools.
· Maintains the shipment to and from meetings
· On-site support for large meetings, requiring out of town travel, and main contact for our registration desk.
· Generate attendee lists, special requests and other event related reports from meetings management tool (CVENT)
· Manages and analyzes all event reporting through CVENT and Salesforce
· Manages and maintaining meetings calendar of key dates
· Assists with the RFP process for Leadership Academy events
· Assists with the consolation of expenses for all events
§ High comfort level with database systems, experience with CVENT a plus
§ Proficiency in all MS Office applications required.
§ Knowledge of office practices, administration, marketing and customer service.
§ Excellent interpersonal communication skills with a strong customer service orientation
§ Highly organized with great attention to detail and accuracy
§ Skilled in time management with the ability to handle multiple activities and a range of deadlines
§ Works well in teams – collaborative spirit
§ Consistent professional “Can Do” attitude with the willingness to always learn more and improve upon standard practices.
§ Responds well and remains calm under pressure
§ Performs other relevant ad hoc duties as required
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred
Experience: 1 - 3 years of similar experience, preferably at an association or agency, and strong organizational, written and verbal communications skills. Must be a results-oriented team-player and creative self-starter with the ability to multitask and interact with senior staff and members on a regular basis. Proven customer service experience
Certification: CMP or DES designations not required, but preferred
Computer Skills: Proficiency in all MS Office applications required. In-depth knowledge of The Council’s Database.
Physical Demands: Must be physically able to set up for meetings, carrying and moving items (up to 25 lbs) such as signs, platters, small AV equipment, meeting supplies, etc.
Travel: Ability to travel three to five times a year for up to a week at a time
Other: This is a non-exempt (hourly) full time position. Overtime is required in order to meet scheduled deadlines.