The International Association of Forensic Nurses is the recognized authority on forensic nursing. The Association is the catalyst for universal access to forensic nursing care for patients impacted by violence and trauma. Its members are sought out by the public, policymakers, media, governments and worldwide healthcare systems for their expertise and knowledge. The Association and its members are valued for their collaborative leadership across systems. The Association defines and advances the global research agenda to enhance nursing’s evidence based response to the needs of forensic populations. Regulatory bodies and certifying agencies look to the Association for guidance on setting standards of care for forensic nursing services in a variety of settings. The Association serves as a global network for forensic nurses to exchange ideas, serve as mentors and enhance their practice.
• The Meeting and Events Planner will lead and/or assist in all aspects of planning and executing live Association educational events.
• This position has primary oversight for the administrative and logistical aspects of the Annual Conference and other educational events.
• This position reports directly to the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Conference Planning Committee whose primary objective is to determine content for the Annual Conference
- Oversees abstract solicitation and the abstract submission process(ScholarOne), including yearly setup of the site and working with the assistance of the Online Learning Coordinator on related tasks which include scheduling and invitations to presenters of all accepted abstracts.
- Responsible for the production of the registration brochure and conference Notebook
- Leads in all
aspects of the event coordination including, but not limited to:
- site selection
- Registration with administrative assistance
- Communication of event details and covered expenses to faculty and attendees
- F&B menus
- Audiovisual vendor selection, contract negotiation and contract execution
- General Service Contractor selection, contract negotiation and contract execution
- Administration of housing block and master housing list
- Ensure proper shipping of program materials with administrative assistance
- Scheduling of smaller events within the conference program such as chapter or committee meetings
- Onsite operations with all staff assistance
- Basic budget reconciliation
- Post-meeting billing with assistance of Director of Finance
- Post meeting summary report to aid in the planning of future meetings
- Historical attendance tracking and reports and collect recommendations
· Responsible for the coordination of other meetings and events including but not limited to the spring Board meeting in the MD/DC/VA area, and any other organizational or grant related in-person events. This may include:
o Site selection
o Contractor selection and contract negotiation
o Administration of housing block or housing list
o Onsite operations
Required Education And Experience:
• Bachelor degree or Five (5) or more years’ experience in meeting planning
• Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) credential required
• Proven skills and success in project and program management
• Excellent analytical, problem‐solving, and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, successfully manage multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and deal effectively with change
• Ability to work well as part of a team when needed, as well as independently on projects
• Experience with associations and working with volunteer leaders
• High level of understanding of and proficiency in managing user‐friendly technology. Proficiency in Microsoft Word 2010 or higher for Mac: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Publisher.
• Willingness to travel
• Familiarity with online meeting tools, online education systems, and website content management.
IAFN offers a virtual ROWE inspired work environment with competitive compensation, health benefits and 401K.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, salary requirements and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject: Meeting & Events Planner — [Your Last Name].
Only email applications will be accepted. No phone calls please. You will be contacted only if selected for an interview.
IAFN is an equal opportunity employer