AH is a professional services firm that specializes in helping non-profit organizations achieve their mission, create value, and advance their causes, industries, and professions. We have four main divisions within AH — a full-service Association Management Company; a Marketing and Communications Agency (MarCom); a Meetings & Events Management Team; and a division that focuses on other custom solutions such as strategic planning, website builds, database integrations, accounting services, staff recruitment, credentialing management, public affairs and lobbying, and growing non-dues revenue.
For more information, visit www.AHredchair.com, connect with AH on Facebook on youtube.com/AssociationHQ and follow @AHredchair on Twitter.
Association Headquarters advances organizations to greatness. Our client partners achieve measurable success in 4 key areas: multi-dimensional growth, engaged and disciplined leadership, intelligent use of technology, and an unwavering commitment to mission.
To be the most innovative and trusted management partner to our client organizations.
In order to be considered for this position, the online application must be submitted, along with an updated resume. All applicable fields on the application are required to be completed.
AH is seeking a highly motivated and detailed oriented Meeting Manager that has extensive experience with planning Scientific or Medical meetings. Knowledge of abstract submissions, continuing education, Trustees’ meetings, educational courses, and other select membership programs.
The Meeting Manager is responsible for organizing the program, logistics, and registration information for events, including meetings, education courses, and webinars. He/she works closely with volunteer planning committees, internal departments, venues, and vendors to meet the objectives of each meeting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare draft budgets for meetings based on venue costs, event schedule and historical performance
- Assist meeting committees with budgeting and planning by providing historical data and recommendations
- Compile and maintain a meeting preparation calendar for meeting committees and staff, showing tasks, responsibilities, and deadlines
- Meet deadlines on individual meeting planning timeline
- Initiate the bid process, send Request for Proposals and finalize contracts of all meeting contractors, including audiovisual, exhibition services, transportation, photography and all off-site venues
- Prepare comprehensive post-meeting reports on hotel data, income, and expenses, quantitative and qualitative lessons learned. Provide relevant data for Meeting Chair’s report to the Board
- Respond to member requests for information on meetings, sponsorship, exhibits, partnering and other membership activities
- Primary contact for meeting venues in planning and on-site management of meetings and education programs
- Work closely with volunteer planning committees and speakers
- Manage online proposal system
- Facilitate use of the proposal system by program selection committee
- Coordinate speaker communications
- Schedule sessions in contracted meeting space
- Track and communicate program and speaker changes
- Assist meeting chairs in developing promotional plans by providing advice, historical data and other research as necessary
- Facilitate creation and distribution of promotional meeting publications
- Arrange distribution and coordinate outreach to non-members
- Perform other activities as required.
- Coordinate vendor selection, communication and contract oversight for AV, decorators, and other vendors
- Coordinate off-site venue selection, contract negotiation, and contract oversight
- Manage meetings and events on site
- Plan menus, room sets, and audiovisual
- Work with Industry Relations department to coordinate exhibits, partnering, and sponsorship programs
- Plan flow on site, including registration, signage, breakouts, etc.
- Create comprehensive staging guides for each meeting and event
- Oversee on-site meeting operations, including coordination of meeting volunteers and staff responsibilities. Serve as liaison with hotel contacts to ensure a quality experience for all meeting attendees
- Work closely with Meeting Chair and Arrangements Chair to implement on-site and off-site logistics
- Identify ways to improve meeting delivery consistent with professional meeting best practices
- Monitor meeting budgets and update meeting chair and executive management on significant budget variances.
- Assist meeting committees with budgeting and planning by providing historical data and advice upon request
- Direct Meeting Coordinator on:
- Providing timely and accurate meeting status reports
- Manage registrations for all meetings and events
- Ensure the website is current and accurate for all meetings
- Follow and update meetings manual
* This is not meant to be all-inclusive as other duties may be assigned.
MEASUREMENT OF SUCCESS
- Performance against goals and objectives of the meetings
- Budget results at the conclusion of each meeting
- Member satisfaction through meeting surveys
- Executive Directors and committees’ satisfaction with staff performance
Extensive knowledge of meeting planning, site selection, and hotel operations. Excellent communications skills and commitment to a service-oriented, team environment. Experience working with and empowering volunteer leaders. Commitment to a service-oriented, team environment.
At least 10 years’ related association and meeting planning experience. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. CMP preferred.
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Voluntary Life Insurance - Employee Paid
- AFLAC available
- Paid holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO) accrual
- Basic life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability
- Named Best Place to Work by Philadelphia Business Journal 6 Times – based on a survey conducted by our employees
- Industry Leader – Most credentialed AMC, and the first AMC to be Customer Service Certified by the Customer Service Institute of America
- Flex Schedules
- On-site fitness center, open 24/7
- Gym reimbursement program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Training and Development opportunities