The Association of American Medical Colleges is seeking a Meeting
Planner within the Leadership, Learning and Evaluation Unit. This
Meeting Planner will play a key role in the logistical coordination and
execution of Learn Serve Lead: The AAMC Annual Meeting. This position
plays a critical role in ensuring that the meeting is successful by
working collaboratively with committees, speakers, staff, vendors and
others throughout the year.
Learn Serve Lead project management, program content development, process and management, logistics management, speaker communications and management, and financial management and processing
Key responsibilities include:
Event Site and Vendor Management
- Partner with convention center and hotel(s) as the point of contact to oversee and coordinate all facility functions and needs to include meeting room setup, audiovisual setup, and food and beverage ion and setup.
- Select high-quality and cost-effective vendors, negotiate contracts, coordinate logistics and provide onsite support for all vendors and partners to include tours, destination management companies, audio visual providers and other third-party vendors as necessary.
- Onsite support to include coordination and communication with all hotel staff
- Support the Manager, Annual Meeting, in managing logistics for Learn Serve Lead.
- Write communications pieces to keep projects on track and monitor progress and completion. Coordinate and lead logistics coordinators meetings (up-to 100 internal staff contacts).
- Work closely with the Senior Director, Learning Delivery to manage the Call for Session Proposals, Call for Posters and the Call for Facilitators (Table Topic Discussions). Coordinate session scheduling, based on room logistics and content distribution across the meeting. Determine potential scheduling and content conflicts and work to alleviate these issues.
Creative Services and Marketing Communications Management
- Manage and implement the meeting's marketing and print efforts (electronic, social media, print, marketing and web) in conjunction with the AAMC's communication and marketing department. Work closely with, and assist with the development of timelines, with editing and reviewing graphic and electronic communications departments before they are sent to 100K potential attendees.
- Serve as primary contact with all confirmed speakers and session facilitators for each meeting assigned (up-to 700 speakers per meeting).
- Develop and produce reports to monitor speaker compliance with deliverables. Draft speaker contracts and work with AAMC Legal and Procurement to review uage and execute agreements/contracts.
- Serve as an ambassador for AAMC and provide exceptional customer service to all speakers.
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Management
- Coordinate with Senior Director, Learning Delivery and CME provider to ensure the meeting is CME accredited and ensuring that the meeting remain within the accreditation guidelines.
- Monitor expenditures for Learn Serve Lead with budgeted expenses up to $5M. Review master accounts and bill AAMC events directly to individual cost centers.
- Administration of multiple technologies that are used throughout the planning process of the meeting; including, but not limited to, Crowd Compass Mobile App, Google Docs, Doodle Polls, CadmiumCD, Teamwork Project Management Software and WebEx.
Post Event Reporting
- Prepares thorough history reports for Learn Serve Lead documenting budgeted vs. actual revenue and expenses, contracted vs. pickup up room block figures, audio visual and Wi-Fi usage and explanations for any overages.
Full logistical responsibility and travel for up-to two meeting annually ranging in size from 20-800.
- Similar range of tasks as indicated above on a smaller scale. For each meeting, a team consisting of the Meeting Planner; meeting coordinator, registration; program staff and others as necessary is established, with the meeting planner serving as the overall project manager.
Cvent Suite of Products
- Learn and become proficient in Cvent suite of products to include Event Management Module, Supplier Network, E-Marketing Module, and Crowd Compass Mobile apps.
Conduct site research, ion and contract negotiation for up to two meetings annually and process requests for small meeting contracts (Up to 50 attendees or sleeping rooms only, no logistical support required).
- May require some out-of-town travel for site inspection of properties, must be skilled at negotiation, communication, and extensive knowledge and good judgment of potential properties and will be required to review and edit peer planner contracts.
- Bachelor's degree required, plus 3-5 years meeting management experience. Association or Hotel/Convention Center experience preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and possess above average organizational, communication and meeting management skills. Experience using Cvent is preferred.
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills required
- Public speaking experience preferred.