Join the Apex team! As our meetings coordinator, you will assist in the planning and execution of association meetings and educational conferences. This person will oversee site selection, contract negotiation, meeting budget preparation, registration, setups, catering, accommodations, a/v, etc. for all in-person meetings for four association clients. Conferences range in length and location, from two days to five; and in location, both within the U.S. and outside. Additionally, the position will assist in the development of promotional materials and websites, serve as liaison with hotel sales staff, provide meeting analytics and travel to events as required. Additionally, we will have you managing/facilitating webinars for those same clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- • Plan and manage logistical functions, including contract negotiation, space planning, housing, food and beverage and other related logistics.
- Organize and participate in site selection and planning visits as necessary.
- Create and oversee the development and implementation of meetings specifications, including session layouts, audio/visual and catering requirements.
- Manage food and beverage requirements, including creating menus, ordering catering and estimating consumption. Maintain historical and accurate records and create budgets including forecasting consumption for future food/beverage expenditures.
- Manage room blocks; oversee the management of room blocks for meetings. Collect housing reports on a regular basis and maintain accurate historical records. This includes management of staff and VIP housing requirements.
- Liaise with marketing/communications staff for the advertising and promotion of meetings and events, to include information for marketing collateral relating to hotel, travel and destination city details.
- Manage exhibit/sponsorship commitments and logistics
- Liaise with continuing education staff for to ensure conference session received the required credit.
- Manage registration process: setup, processing, and reconciliation.
- Review and reconcile post-meeting bills.
- Participate in the annual budget preparation process.
- Setup, facilitation and management of online learning.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Travel percentage: estimated at 10-13 times per year.
Our ideal candidate has extraordinary attention to detail, and a smile you can see through the phone or email; someone who strives for efficiency, has great time-management skills, and is willing to go the extra mile. We would like to see applicants with at least three years meeting experience and who holds a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Experience in the YourMembership software, Constant Contact, Survey Monkey and any webinar system is a definite plus, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) an obvious necessity.
Apex is a constantly growing association management company with an awesome team to make it all happen. With growth comes opportunity for our team members in their career development, but as a part of the team you will quickly realize there is always something new happening at Apex. This is a great position for those who don’t mind working in a changing environment. For those who feel change is uncomfortable, Apex is not the right fit. Apex currently provides HMO health insurance coverage for its full-time employees, and an opportunity to participate in our IRA program after one year. Additionally, we have cool things like bagel Tuesday, lunch-n-learns, and a wellness program in our open office environment.