The American College of Physicians (ACP) is looking to hire an experienced Meeting Planner for the Convention and Meetings Services department in its Philadelphia office.
ACP, a national organization of internists with headquarters in Philadelphia, is the largest medical specialty organization and the second-largest physician group in the United States with 152,000 members worldwide.
The Meeting Planner is responsible for planning, coordinating, and monitoring high profile components of the Internal Medicine Meeting (IMM), acting as primary planner for the Industry Supported Symposia and other prominent events held during IMM. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and managing several leadership events held during IMM
- Working with third party planners to execute the Industry Supported Symposia program, including processing applications for approval, monitoring compliance, and coordinating sales and marketing
- Overseeing several exhibit program events, as well as exhibitor sales support and emails
- Coordinating all aspects of assigned Post Graduate Courses, from contracting and planning to onsite management
- Preparing and monitoring budgets for assigned meetings and events
- Serving as ACP’s in-house and committee meeting backup and support, and as the secondary contact for ACP’s official travel agency
Qualified candidates should have a bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years of related experience. Must have demonstrated knowledge of meeting planning and convention-related services, exhibits, contract negotiation, and budgeting. Experience with meeting/convention technology is highly desired. The successful candidate will have strong project management and communication skills, and will be able to establish relationships with colleagues, vendors, and members. This position requires travel 5-6 times per year.
ACP offers a competitive salary, superior benefits and a supportive work environment. Find out more about ACP at: . Interested candidates should apply online: .
ACP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any of the following classes: veterans, any disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity.