The Health Management Academy (The Academy)
The Health Management Academy (The Academy) is a knowledge-based company exclusively for the executives of the largest integrated health systems and the industry's most innovative healthcare companies. Founded in 1998, the same decade that many of the leading health systems were created, The Academy and its members have evolved together. Since its inception, The Academy has built a material record of leadership development, independent research, and policy analysis, and has become the definitive trusted source for peer-to-peer learning of the largest integrated health systems.
The Academy is currently looking for Meeting Services Director, a key member of the Meeting Services team. This position is great for a current Manager or Senior Manager looking to advance their career.
The Meeting Services Director works directly with the Meeting Services team and Forum Directors to organize and coordinate Academy meetings and events. This role is also responsible for handling member relationships for assigned forums or special initiatives. Additionally, the Meeting Services Director is responsible for the organization and execution of their semi-annual membership meetings.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Build and maintain relationships with high level health system executives & industry members
• Write, distribute and track communication and marketing efforts
• Manage all assigned meetings from start to finish, including RFP, hotel contract, rooming lists, meeting specifications, event orders, onsite management (logistics and registration) and budget management.
• Draft, manage, and execute a 20-week work plan outlining all meeting deadlines and deliverables.
• Conduct weekly update meetings with key stakeholders, hold team members accountable to deadlines.
• Work with the Meeting Services Manager to prepare onsite for all aspects of a meeting: daily schedule at a glance creation, materials printing, verifying room set-ups, monitoring food & beverage, dinner seating assignments and management, onsite attendee registration, etc.
• Create, compile, manage, and report meeting data using Cvent or other software programs
• Create event registration forms and websites using Cvent.
• Create and update event websites
• Coordinate member registrations (hotel, activities, dietary restrictions, etc.)
• Help create and maintain the Crowd Compass app.
• Work with Forum Director to organize presentations and session materials for the meeting, and upload them to the mobile app and AcademyNet.
• Various other office/meeting tasks as assigned. This might include other duties such as, updating member directories, preparing and printing meeting supplies for shipment, shipping supplies, ordering meeting supplies etc.
• Reports to the Vice President, Meeting Services
• Demonstrated ability to execute operationally
• Outgoing, action-oriented individual with strong work ethic and hands-on attitude
• Ability to work independently and thrive in an entrepreneurial, growth-oriented business environment
• Ability to interact with high level executives in a professional manner