Reports to: Meeting Services Director
Department: Member & Public Engagement
Description: The Meeting Services Manager is responsible for the project management of a wide variety of event-related logistics covering all aspects of convention, meetings and events.
- Works directly with the Meeting Services Director on the operational design and planning of all association annual events to ensure objectives, details and deadlines are me
- Serves as the registration manager, working directly with registration vendors to promote a positive event experience by developing and delivering all aspects of the event registration process including on-site management of staff and customer experience.
- Provides logistical management of meeting specs, AV, food & beverage, signage, housing, DMC, transportation and others as required.
- Cultivates relationships with event vendors to provide research, proposals, budget management and contracts specific to – AV, transportation, destination management companies, hotels, exhibit services provider, registration database management provider, and others as need
- Serves as the meetings manager and primary point of contact for WQA’s internal staff events, Product Certification Forum, and headquarter-based meetings.
- Develops and maintains the ongoing working relationship with international contacts to expand sales and participation for WQA and International events.
- Works with the Communications element of the Member & Public Engagement Department to develop marketing content and update WQA website with applicable WQA event news as needed.
- Assists with the planning and implementation of all meetings and conventions including but not limited to: site visits, staff meetings, budget management, vendor relations, presentations and brainstorming.
- Generates weekly metrics reports and post event analytics for internal distribution
- Serves as the staff administrator to the Events Committee
- Provides organizational support for the Meeting Services Director
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in hospitality, event management, business administration, communications, marketing or related field, required.
- Three to five years of event planning experience required, preferably with experience in a non-profit, association setting
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation required or candidate should have the aptitude to complete designation within 1 year of hire.
- Strong interpersonal relations in order to be effective as a primary contact with vendors, volunteers, VIPS, internal leadership and various other internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational abilities, able to manage and prioritize projects independently and simultaneously.
- Experience with site selection, including negotiating terms of contracts with knowledge of meeting industry trends.
- Demonstrates experience with budget management
- Soft skills - Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Technical Skills, Computer Skills – Strong proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outloo
- Experience with event management registration systems, preferred.
- Customer Satisfaction and Employee Engagement with fiscal responsibility
- Drive for Business Results
- Initiative and Decision Making
- Respect for Others
- Analyzing and Problem Solving
- Planning and Organizing
- Leading and Engaging
- Passion for Continuous Learning
- This position works in a standard office environment
NOTES:Telecommuting is allowed.