The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting for a Meetings Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Sr. Director of Meetings and Exhibits Operations and the Operations Team.
Administrative Support for Sr. Director:
1. Maintains calendars and assists with organizing meetings, including requesting conference rooms, AV needs, creating and distributing agendas and attendance status.
2. Provides support for Committee meetings by creating presentations, including background information supplied from other staff and power point slides, tent cards, agenda and logistics.
3. Completes expense reports in a timely fashion.
4. Maintains filing system by creating new folders and filing all documents and e-documents as requested.
5. Coordinates the contract review process, ensuring the steps are followed before contracts are sent for signature.
6. Assists with conference, congress and topical meeting preparations by organizing documents in file folders, editing presentations, printing files and sending shipments.
7. Supports with other ongoing organization and implementation of administrative duties and tasks as requested.
8. Creates initial draft of budget spreadsheets and variances for Meetings Operations Team during all budget rounds. Sends to stakeholders on behalf of Sr. Director.
9. Other support function for Sr. Director and department’s senior team, as needed/assigned.
Administrative support for the Operations Team:
- Maintains inventory of meeting supplies, including re-ordering when necessary, and suggesting improvements (including insert/generic signage and registration supplies) to exiting processes.
- Assists with badge preparation for meetings.
- Assists with shipping to OSA meetings.
- Maintains and updates Dept. SOPs through consultation with Sr. Director and team.
- Codes and submits invoices into e-invoice system and routes appropriately.
- Other support functions for Operations Team as needed/assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· 4-year degree preferred
· 2-4 years’ work in a professional environment, preferably an office setting.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Knowledge of customer service practices.
· Software: Kentico (or other CMS program), HTML and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word).
· Ability to quickly learn databases (NetForum, Expocad, CRM systems) preferred.
in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, OSA offers a competitive
salary and excellent benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with
salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org