The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) the largest society in the world for professionals in the field of operations research (O.R.), management science, and analytics is searching for a Meetings Assistant.
This position is responsible for providing administrative and meeting support to the Meetings Department. The primary duties are summarized below but the role also includes other duties as assigned.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE AND MEETING SUPPORT
- Provides overall administrative support to department as needed.
- Assist with meeting materials including signage, badges, lanyard and conference bag production.
- Enters conference information on Conference Calendar.
- Ensures Conference Calendar is up-to-date with conference listings.
- Participate in ongoing training for Association Anywhere and future systems to stay up to date on system and reporting capabilities and new uses or methods to improve efficiencies.
- Responsible for meeting materials shipments. Point of contact with General Contractor for coordination of shipment to INFORMS meeting venues.
- Disseminates shipping information to INFORMS staff and coordinates pick-up, delivery and return of meeting materials from INFORMS to Convention Center and back.
- Liaises with appropriate INFORMS resources from IT, Membership, Finance, and Marketing to ensure seamless integration of meeting efforts.
- Recommend and order conference give away items including bags, portfolios and other branded items as requested.
- Assists Exhibits Manager with the coordination and pricing of sponsor activities.
- Contribute to ongoing process and procedure updates, changes, and development.
- Work with CVB’s and hotels to arrange site visits for meetings department staff.
- Handles VIP transportation to/from meetings.
- Negotiates the purchase of supplies and services.
- Researches, selects and oversees design/production of registration materials, including bags, badges, ribbons, lanyards, etc.
- Contribute to continual process improvement through idea generation, new technology and creative ideas to impact efficiency and the stakeholder's experience.
- · Learn abstract system to assist and provide back-up support as needed.
- Participate in ongoing training in OASIS abstract submission system to support administration functions, provide assistance to submitters and support team members on other related duties as assigned.
· Support may include:
o Entering authors, titles and abstracts submitted by email; and quality check for errors.
o Provide customer service to presenters, authors, cluster and session chairs via email, phone and fax.
o Quality checks online submissions from presenters and chairs, to ensure completeness, proper formatting and any other potential data issues.
o Contacting submitters to request missing information.
o Assist with schedule data input as directed.
o Assist with program changes from preliminary to final program, i.e., new or cancelled sessions/ abstracts, authors, session chairs, etc.
o Assist proofreading program pages and related web content; makes necessary edits.
o Tracks changes from final program to addendum.
- Learn registration/membership system to assist during peak periods and back-up support as needed. This may include queries, payments and post meeting reports.
- Works with Meetings, Finance and Customer Service to support registration fee reconciliation, provide conference information and updates, answer questions and ensure smooth flow of information between departments.
- Assists with preparation of onsite materials including reports, handouts, badges, and invitation letters.
- Provide onsite support and customer service at the registration desk as needed.
- 3 – 5 years Administrative experience, meeting/event experience a plus.
- Ability to work in database systems and abstract systems, ability to provide information, troubleshoot and create reports.
- Excellent organizational skills and precise attention to detail are required.
- Must be able to multi-task, produce consistently accurate work, and be self-directed and able to work independently without close supervision.
- Must work well as a part of a cohesive team, especially during peak periods.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills; strong proofreading and quality control skills required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and experienced with membership or meeting registration database software.
- Flexibility to travel 10%, domestic and international
Must have the ability to perform moderately strenuous activities including, but not limited to, sustained activities (continual bending, stooping, exhibit booth staffing), lifting and moving packages up to 25 lbs. (exhibition display cases, printed material boxes, etc.)
Bachelor Degree in applicable area or related discipline preferred.
Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in customer service and in meetings support preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge of database management preferred.