TITLE: Meetings Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Manager of Registration and Housing
SUMMARY: Responsible for coordination of registration, housing and general logistics
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Manager of Registration and Housing in coordinating general, registration and housing logistics for Digestive Disease Week® (DDW) and Crohn’s & Colitis Congress™ (Congress).
- Manage DDW and Congress general email correspondence and phone calls.
- Update website with registration, housing and general information throughout the year.
- Work with sponsoring societies to obtain all necessary registration and housing data.
- Communicate with societies and oversee society deadlines in weekly society newsletter.
- Assist with DDW VIP process, maintain VIP database and manage invoicing post-meeting.
- Assist with registration reports, including weekly, sponsoring society, financial and historical reports.
- Facilitate ticket copy process with registration vendor and sponsoring societies.
- Coordinate badge mailing process and finalize badge samples prior to mailing.
- Oversee inventory and ordering of all registration meeting materials (badge holders, ribbons, etc.).
- Coordinate with the Marketing Department for content and format of all DDW promotional materials, including Preliminary Program, registration emails and on-site registration form.
- Work with the housing vendor to execute all housing related tasks in accordance with the developed and agreed upon timeline.
- Support the internal housing contract process.
- Assist with the establishment of all master accounts for hotels, and reconcile hotel bills for sleeping rooms/programming at hotels.
- Assist with staff shipping logistics to and from meeting locations.
- Provide support to Manager of Registration and Housing, Director of Convention Activities and Vice President of Meetings and Conventions.
- Other duties, consistent with this position, as assigned.
- 1-3 years of prior meeting experience or college degree in the hospitality/tourism/event management field.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with attention to detail and an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Positive “team player” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel 2-3 times per year.