The American Student Dental Association (ASDA) was founded in 1971 and is the largest dental student organization in the United States. With a membership of more than 24,000, ASDA represents 94% of dental students from all 66 dental schools. ASDA’s mission is to protect and advance the rights, interests and welfare of dental students. The association introduces students to lifelong involvement in organized dentistry and provides services, information, education, representation and advocacy. ASDA representatives vote in the ADA House of Delegates, sit on most ADA councils and commissions and comprise one of the most respected student organizations in the nation.
ASDA is located off Michigan Avenue in downtown Chicago, with a staff of 14 and an operating budget of $4.5 million.
The Meetings Coordinator is responsible for the registration and logistics for all ASDA meetings. Serves as co-staff liaison to the Council on Sessions and National Leadership Conference planning committee.
The Meetings Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Manager Education and Meetings with planning and logistics for meetings and education programs as well as coordinating housing and registration.
- Create and manage the meeting registration system. Develop registration materials and process registrations for all meetings.
- Maintain meeting history records, attendance, hotel and post-convention reports.
- Develop and manage event orders and logistics for ASDA meetings.
- Order all meeting supplies, gifts, awards, promotional items and signage.
- Prepare attendance lists, rooming lists, meeting badges, name tents.
- Process meeting per diems.
- Coordinate all audio visual needs.
- Oversee the travel program; distribute travel memos for ASDA funded travel; approve all staff and volunteer airline tickets when needed; recommend changes to travel policy.
- Prepare planning committee and council meeting and conference call minutes
- Maintain sign inventory and new sign orders
- Contract photographer for all ASDA meetings.
- Provide information on logistics for the meeting mobile app.
- Provide meeting content and information for e-newsletters, the web site and mobile app (travel, registration, housing).
- Complete all necessary music license reports and payment for ASCAP and BMI.
- Organize ASDA participation at non-ASDA meetings.
- Reconcile meeting invoices
- Assist manager as needed in development of RFPs, comparison and analysis of department proposals (hotels, service contractors, other vendors)
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Some travel and weekend/overtime work required,
- Bachelor’s degree in business communications, event management, marketing or related field.
- Three plus years experience in meeting planning, preferably in an association including experience working with volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational abilities, ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Familiarity with association management software (Association Anywhere) preferred
This search is being conducted by Tuft & Associates. To apply please forward your resume electronically with cover letter in confidence to: Mary McMahon, Associate, Tuft & Associates: email@example.com; phone: 312-642-8889.