About the National Multifamily Housing Council
Based in Washington, DC, the National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) is the leadership of the trillion-dollar apartment industry. We bring together the prominent owners, managers and developers who help create thriving communities by providing apartment homes for today’s 39 million Americans. NMHC provides a forum for insight, advocacy and action that enables both members and the communities they help build to thrive.
The National Multifamily Housing Council is seeking a full-time Meetings Coordinator to join a dynamic meetings team. This position will assist the Meetings Department with the management and coordination of all NMHC meeting, conferences, and expositions. The ideal candidate will possess a background in meeting planning, be detailed oriented and possess above average organizational and inter-personal skills and be able to travel nationally to NMHC meetings.
This position reports directly to the Director, Meetings.
• Assist the Meetings Department with the management and coordination of all NMHC meetings, conferences, and expositions.
• Manage NMHC housing blocks) for all NMHC meetings.
• Assist with on-site registration and event logistics and set-up.
• Assist with speaker management.
• Assist in researching hotel/facility space for NMHC Meetings/Conferences.
• Manage and coordinate NMHC Emerging Leaders events, including assisting with venue/location research, contracting, and event logistics.
• Research and coordinate vendor services for NMHC Meetings/Conferences.
• Manage the update of NMHC’s website on an ongoing basis, with focus on all NMHC meeting web pages.
• Provide administrative support to Meetings Department including filing and managing the SharePoint team site, preparing meeting correspondence, responding to telephone inquiries, and other projects as assigned.
• Attend meetings as necessary.
• Detailed oriented and possess above average organizational and inter-personal skills.
• Two to Four years of direct meetings coordination experience required. Relevant Association work a plus.
• Proficient at and possesses exceptional PC skills, especially Outlook, SharePoint, Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with iMIS and Photoshop a plus.
• Ability to be an excellent team player as well as work independently with minimal supervision.
NMHC offers a flexible and professional work environment with competitive compensation, excellent benefits, business casual dress, and 401K.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, salary requirements and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject: Meetings Coordinator — [Your Last Name].
Only email applications will be accepted. No phone calls please. You will be contacted only if selected for an interview.
The National Multifamily Housing Council is an equal opportunity employer