The American Physiological Society (APS) a non-profit scientific association, is seeking a Meetings Manager to manage logistical aspects for multiple APS Conferences and work directly with the Conference Committee to implement strategies for successful events that align with the strategic goals of the Society. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
· Managing and implementing all details pertaining to the meeting before each event, including but not limited to: Analyzing, establishing and executing a plan of action and budgeting for multiple scientific meetings throughout the year.
· Creating requests for proposals for all vendors, evaluating proposals, negotiating rates and protections and awarding contracts.
· Working directly with scientist organizer to craft, procure and execute scientific speakers and meeting content including creation of an official meeting program.
· Directing all activities and staff at each conference including but not limited to society staff, venue event staff, audio-visual staff, registration staff and general contractors.
· Developing content for marketing materials such as, but not limited to, a call for abstracts booklet, sponsorship brochure, abstract volume and scientific program.
· Working under the direction of the APS Conference Committee, establishes budget benchmarks and best practices, sets registration rates, monitors expenses and provides analysis.
Skills & Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required. CMP designation.
· At least 5 years of meetings experience.
· Must have excellent contract negotiating skills.
· Must have excellent writing skills.
· Must have excellent customer service and organizational skills.
· Must be able to multitask.
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Excel.
How to Apply:
For a detailed job description and to apply, please visit: http://www.faseb.org/employment
Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
The position is located at APS’ offices in Bethesda, Maryland, close to Routes 270 and 495. APS offers competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, a convenient location to major thoroughfares, free parking and the opportunity to work with a motivated and enthusiastic staff in supporting the scientific community and researchers from around the world.
For more information on APS, please visit: www.the-aps.org