We love what we do:
Our mission is to promote and enhance the development of competent, compassionate and committed medical practitioners and leaders in order to provide goal-centered care in post-acute and long-term care settings. We represent 5,500 members plus a continuum of over 50,000 practitioners and are recognized by CMS as a source of expertise on clinical practice and physician leadership. Mostly, we consistently improve the quality of life for all PA/LTC patients. What's not to love?
Here's what we need:
Meetings Manager - This will be the person that reports to the Director, Professional Development/Meetings to support the society's conference, event and meetings needs. Here's what you'll do:
- Logistical - Manage the space assignments, A/V, F&B, vendors and general services
- Site Selection - Research, site visits, RFPs, negotiation and all aspects of finding the ideal location for each specified conference or meeting
- Financial - Work with Director to provide input to budget and to manage hotel and vendor cost efficiencies to ensure expense control and timely bill payment.
- Promotion - Assist with preparing promotional materials for all meetings including e-mail marketing, signage, brochures and website management
- Vendor/Contractor - Relationship development and management throughout the process
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- At least seven years of professional MP experience; planning and executing complex meetings in the convention/tradeshow industry preferably for a non-profit group. Experience providing onsite leadership and support
- Contract negotiation skills and ability to deliver excellent results through outsourced business partners
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines and effectively navigate priorities simultaneously
- Ability to develop and implement comprehensive strategies including input for promotional materials, signage and brochures
- Capacity to remain flexible in attitude and work style even in high-stress situations. Ability to provide consistent high level of customer service to both external and internal customers.
- Practiced organizational skills to maintain shared level access to contracts, budgets, lists and all historical materials for projects
- Demonstrated appreciation for process and deliberate decision-making
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills that inspire confidence, respect and trust
- Ability to travel 6+ times a year
If interested and qualified please send your resume and salary history to: email@example.com - with "AMDA Mtgs Mgr" in subject line.