The Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB), a non-profit scientific organization, seeks an individual to manage the scientific meeting abstract submission process, assist with mobile application development, and prepare the program/abstract book. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Manage abstract submission processes to include abstract system development support and set up, reviewer coordination, session scheduling and reporting for meetings ranging from 100-6,000 abstract submissions
· Prepare RFP’s for abstract management systems and print vendors as needed; review and analyze proposals and contract terms and pricing; make recommendations to project lead or clients as appropriate
· Communicate relevant information to abstract submitters as needed (e.g. incomplete submissions, abstract notifications, abstract programming information)
· Assist in the numbering of poster boards for poster sessions based on client needs
· Coordinate the review of abstracts with various committees and/or stakeholders
Skills & Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 3-5 years of experience in abstract management/call for papers management
· 1-2 years of experience with scientific meetings preferred
· Association experience preferred
· Strong written and verbal communication skills,
· Ability to work in a team, interpersonal skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects effectively, attention to detail, organizational skills
· Must have strong customer service
· Experience with MS Office Suite and Database Applications
· Some travel required.
How to Apply:
For a detailed job description and to apply, please visit: http://www.faseb.org/employment
Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
The Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB) is a non-profit 501c3 federation advances health and well-being by promoting research and education in biological and biomedical sciences through collaborative advocacy and service to our societies and their members. FASEB is conveniently located in Bethesda close to Routes 270 and 495. FASEB offers competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, a convenient location to major thoroughfares, free parking and the opportunity to support the scientific community and researchers from around the world.
For more information about FASEB, visit: www.faseb.org