You are an amiable individual with the innate ability to build and maintain relationships in an organization. Your extraordinary aptitude for linking and advocating on behalf of different teams is unparalleled. Ensuring projects are kept on track, on budget while using your stellar communication know-how to keep all project stakeholders up to date on project matters, is what makes you most satisfied.
If this sounds like you, read on!
The Project Coordinator serves a critical role within the Conventions, Courses and Exhibits (CCE) team as a key liaison and advocate for CCE projects by fostering strong and productive relationships between CCE,Technology, Marketing and other Academy business units creating and maintaining project plans and ensuring projects are on schedule and all stakeholders are informed of the progress.
Management and oversight of the Annual Meeting Website:
Management of the digital content and scheduled content changes, includes coordination, accuracy and some production of published data, formulating new ideas to help maintain user friendly and customer focused website. Organization of the content and menus; Identifying and updating rotating pages through meeting cycle. Development and design of new and existing pages including coding HTML to accommodate bootstrap/Ektron, responsive for mobile devices. Work directly with stakeholders in Registration, Marketing, Education, etc. to accommodate day to day needs and updates. Maintain secondary links, documents and functionality related to website: includes all PDFs, JotForms, vendor links, AAOS vanity URLs, internal quicklinks, etc. Requires troubleshooting/problem solving and big picture thinking while considering the challenges of a one year Annual Meeting cycle working with current tools.
Technology Project Management:
Project management start to finish on several technology related projects, vendor management or data collection on others. Projects such as: Onsite Badge Scanning, Media Wall, Internet Connections Stations, Digital Signage - Information Booths, Content capture vendor coordination, Audio Visual coordination and support of past products, Speaker templates, etc. Department HUB liaison – all updates and uploads for department by request
Event App Support:
Coordination and input in project documentation (charter, timelines, resources etc.) Assistance with setup of development and bug tracking software, and continued use throughout project. Data collection and delivery to App vendor, development/HTML coding input where needed. Work with cross-departmental team to accomplish goals for event app to keep the project moving, identify challenges, and daily input on solutions. Participate heavily in testing the app and help with training other employees. Offer innovative suggestions or additions to the app when needed.
Act as secondary editor for the department on Annual Meeting publications, writing where necessary, and some coordination. Provide input and support where needed. Responsible for project coordination and oversight of Annual Meeting printing projects including the Preliminary Program, Specialty Day Program, Final Program, ICL Schedule, and Shuttle Schedule. Responsible for RFP development, analysis, negotiation and enforcement of printing contracts and purchase orders. Determines printing timelines and deadlines to ensure materials are ready for the opening of registration, posting to the Annual Meeting web-site and on-site distribution. Administrative Tasks and Projects: Coordinating data and document preparation on a variety of task related projects; Annual Meeting Survey, Twitter feed coordination, Emergency Preparedness Plan, Temporary meeting staff data, Onsite Temp training, etc.
Approximately 10-14 days per year
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, project management or similar 1-3 years of demonstrated project management experience
- Ability to manage and to work on several projects simultaneously
- Strong understanding of marketing concepts
- Proficiency with MS Office and project management tools such as Visio and Project
- Excellent organizational, communication and collaboration skills including documentation and writing
- Experience creating technical documents
- Familiarity with Bootstrap toolkit, website content management, and HTML coding
- Attention to detail and strong documentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- Ability to meet agreed upon production timeframes
- 1-3 years of experience in a diverse business environment with demonstrated skills in supporting project or program management
- Experience working on virtual events and/or planning and implementing related activities
- Experience with TMA Resources Personify Association Management system
- Previous professional/medical society experience
- Experience creating technical documents
- Experience using SharePoint based collaboration tools
If this describes YOU, please share the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter and any additional materials that support your application.