Drones, robots, automated vehicles and more: Be part of the technology revolution in one of the hottest industries today!
We are seeking a high-energy, fast learner and self-starter to join a growing meetings team. This position will coordinate meeting functions in a fast-paced, cross-departmental environment.
You will assist the senior meetings manager with logistical planning of the association’s marquee event, XPONENTIAL, while simultaneously coordinating smaller events and overseeing the department’s overall timelines. This includes but is not limited to: serving as a liaison to event vendors (security, transportation, paramedics, etc.), handling exhibitor inquiries, producing networking events, creating local guides, ordering specialty items, maintaining master calendars, and ensuring the meetings team stays on schedule.
You will see how an event is built from the ground up, and will add valuable new dimensions to your capabilities.
Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- 1-3 years of STRONG project and task management in meetings and events with a demonstrated ability to use established practices and available tools to:
- Track multiple (100s) of vendor and event orders at once, e.g. signage, food and beverage, electrical, A/V, furniture, etc.
- Track and work with many internal and external contributors and stakeholders simultaneously, e.g., who does what, who needs what when, etc.
- Manage and help the team deliver on many deadlines
- Be aggressively detail oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or related field.
- 1 - 3 years of experience or equivalent exposure in coursework or internships, preferably in meetings.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite, knowledge of relational databases, workflow management software and comfortable working with a variety of software products.
- Energetic. You are an energetic and a self-starting professional ready to take on the next challenge.
- Reliable, dependable and accountable. You don’t just put in your time, you have a strong work ethic, strong sense of accountability and are highly productive.
- Collaborative. You can work within a team and across teams. You are deeply invested in contributing to not just your own success but the success of your teammates and organization.
- An excellent communicator. You have excellent oral, written, and editing skills and an impeccable eye for detail.
- Organized. You have amazing organizational skills, pay close attention to detail, can effectively manage multiple projects and tasks at a time. Deadlines don’t catch you by surprise.
- Flexible. Your flexibility allows you to adjust to changing priorities and operate effectively in a fluid environment.
- Curious. You have a hunger for learning, and aren’t satisfied unless you’re growing as a professional.
- Tech Savvy. Comfortable with technology as a subject matter as well as in learning new skills.
- Ready for leadership. You have great problem-solving skills, can help pull people and resources together for a common goal and ready to work toward the next level of project ownership and accountability.
- An association that has the stability and history of leading this industry for 45 years but the heart and passion to bring this emerging technology to market.
- Invested in your success! We are not successful unless you are successful and growing—professionally and personally. We take the time to share our vision, provide mentorship and guide you on a path forward. We encourage and foster professional development which may include covering the cost of courses or conferences.
- A team who works in a fast-moving, highly collaborative environment, offering great opportunities to work on and learn from across several departments and projects ranging from events to content to recruitment.
- People who take our work seriously without taking ourselves too seriously; we are excited about shaping the world to come!
We are conveniently located in Arlington, VA, right in the Village of Shirlington—home to fantastic restaurants and eateries, Harris Teeter and other shops.
Benefits include health plan, 401k, fitness center membership and free garage parking.
Visit www.auvsi.org and www.xponential.org for more information about us.
Are You Ready?
If you think you have the potential to succeed, apply today. Send your resume and tell us how you will take this job to the next level!