Work for a Tourism Industry Leader
Visit Seattle is now hiring a National
Account Director to join our team of dedicated, service-oriented
professionals. This position is
responsible promoting and selling Seattle and the region as a convention and
meeting destination for associations, corporations and tournaments. We are looking for a polished
professional with strong hotel sales experience who has demonstrated the ability to manage a sales territory and
large account base. Must have exceptional
customer service skills, be able to foster relationships and work with a wide
variety of people. The ideal candidate
will also have comprehensive knowledge of the Seattle area, have a strong
service approach with all whom they interact and be a creative problem solver
with endless energy and enthusiasm for promoting Seattle and our partners.
Essential job functions:
- Primarily responsible for generating approved leads for Washington State Convention Center and hotel bookings from assigned market segment(s), which may be revised annually. Ideal candidate would be based in Seattle selling into the Southeast US and the Sports market segments.
- Generates and manages sales leads; presents space rate proposals and competitive, creative bids to clients to win business.
- Creates and maintains client base in the assigned market; builds relationships and networks with association and corporate meeting clients, plus sports business opportunities for Seattle and the region.
- Manages an annual room night goal to be achieved from a combination of tentative and definite bookings within this market.
- Analyzes total group spend to effectively yield manage prospective business.
- Actively prospects for new business in assigned market, using the value added/ROI approach.
- Provides the very best customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Attends trade shows, sales missions, client events, networking meetings and local meetings to solicit convention business.
- Coordinates and conducts city site inspections for meeting planners; showcasing facilities, attractions and partners in the city.
- Maintain research on competition regarding marketing and sales strategies.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Four-year degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of hotel industry sales experience required.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong and consistent ability to prioritize activities and to handle multiple responsibilities within a specific time frame.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Willing and able to work evenings, weekends and holidays based on client and business demands.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Delphi, Simpleview or other relational sales management database.
- Ability to operate computer, fax, Outlook, PDA and general office equipment including tablets, desktop and laptop computers.
We offer a friendly, fun, team-oriented work environment in a downtown office tower connected to the Washington State Convention Center, a competitive benefits package which includes a Paid Time Off program with 15 days to start, 10 paid office holidays, employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance, plus 401k with employer matching.
About us: Visit Seattle has served as the official destination marketing organization (DMO) for Seattle and King County for more than 50 years. A 501(c)6 organization, Visit Seattle enhances the economic prosperity of the region through global destination branding along with competitive programs and campaigns in leisure travel marketing, convention sales and overseas tourism development. Nearly 40 million annual visitors spend $6.8 billion in the city and county each year. The economic power of travel and tourism generates 73,000 Seattle area jobs and contributes $692 million in annual state and local tax revenue. Visit www.visitseattle.org.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to:
- Work involves working alone on the computer, collaborating as part of a team or working closely with others by computer or over the phone.
- Work involves frequent walking city site inspections conducted with customers and partners.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors.
- Position will require occasional weekends and frequent early morning and evening hours based on customer’s schedule and needs.
- Estimate approximately 15% national travel and 25% regional travel, depending on market needs.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, ten key, multi-line touch phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, scanner and other office equipment as needed.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing most of the duties of this job, the employee may not be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.