The Galt House Hotel is the place to meet for a totally self-contained meeting or event, priding ourselves on a warm, friendly atmosphere and sincerity of our service. Located in the heart of Louisville, we are within driving distance from half the US population and just 10 minutes from the airport. We offer six restaurants and lounges; 130,000 square feet of meeting space; 53 meeting rooms; over 1,300 guest rooms; the city’s best fitness center; and six retail outlets.
We are currently seeking an experienced, motivated and creative, National Sales Manager, who will be responsible for servicing the Washington, D.C and Northeast market. The successful candidate for this position will be based in the Washington, D.C. metro area and work remotely to service the accounts. The primary role of the Sales Manager will be to use independent judgment and professional discretion to book substantial, profitable business into the hotel, taking into consideration the needs of the hotel as well as those of the client.
The ideal candidate will set the pace as an example of a successful sales manager, a significant contributor and a model example to the sales team by being proactive, not reactive, a driver of market growth and a consistent achiever. Previous "big box" hotel sales experience, understanding of destination management, proven relationship building, client engagement skills are critical. Ability to juggle pursuit of future sales while ensuring exceptional experience for on-site groups is essential for producing consistent operating results. High energy, passion, vision, and superior communication ability are highly valued traits for the position.Responsibilities
- Book Convention and meeting groups for short-term and long-term dates.
- Achieve overall Revenue Goals to include Room and Food & Beverage, Meeting Room Rental, Audio Visual, Parking, etc. Meet Select Sell Guidelines.
- Develop new association, government and corporate accounts in Washington, Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey and New York.
- Work in concert with the Sales team at the Louisville Convention & Visitors Bureau, Kentucky International Convention Center and the Kentucky Exposition Center to develop new accounts and strengthen and optimize existing accounts.
- Grow Market Share of City-Wide and Multi-property Groups.
- Laser Focus on Booking Self-Contained convention groups with 500-1000 rooms peak.
- Develop Annual Sales Business Plan with Strategies and supporting Initiatives that are measurable, strategic, time-bound and relevant.
- Plan, organize, and manage daily sales activities to achieve maximum client satisfaction by providing the highest standard of service during the entire sales process.
- Manage and analyze market data and performance, develop insights and make recommendations;
- Manage vendor and customer relations;
- Coordinate Site Visit planning with Sales Coordinator, operations and CVB.
- Conduct all necessary internal and external meetings in order to foster and receive closely with Convention Services, reservations and key departments in the hotel.
- Commit to Continuing education courses on topics such as Customer Focused Selling Skills, Revenue Management, Account Development, Contract Negotiations, Selling to the Government Sector, Destination Knowledge, etc.
- Active in the Industry by serving on Committees
- B/A or B/S Degree
- 3-4 years of experience in a similar position at an upscale Convention Hotel with a minimum of 500 rooms.
- Ability and desire to travel approximately 8-10 times a year to Northeast territory as well as to industry Trade Shows held throughout the country.
- Working knowledge of property management software.
- High energy, passion, vision, and superior communication ability are highly valued traits for the position.
- Comprehensive knowledge of hotel industry sales.
- Creative thinking skills required and willingness to introduce new and innovative sales concepts.
- Strong organizational abilities, be results oriented, and have excellent interpersonal skills to interact with external partners and increase customer satisfaction.
- Ability to multitask, work efficiently under deadlines, and pay strong attention to detail as well.
Other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Company offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401k, a complimentary meal in associate cafeteria, complimentary parking, a discounted monthly TARC bus pass and more.
The Galt House Hotel is a Drug Free Workplace, creating a culture of care where diversity is welcomed.
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friendShare on your newsfeedApplication FAQs