DESCRIPTION:The Parkinson’s Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease (PD) by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson’s community.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is seeking a goal-oriented and self-motivated professional for the position of Professional Education Event Coordinator. In coordination with the Department of Education team, the person in this role is responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating a variety of educational meetings and events.
- · Work with the Department of Education team members in managing assigned educational courses and projects from initiation to closure as assigned;
- · Work with Associate Director of Education on the bi-annual caregivers summit;
- · Work with Associate Director of Educational Programs on the twice yearly Allied Team Training for Parkinson’s program;
- · Work with the Director of Research and Centers Program on the annual Centers Leadership Conference;
- · Oversee various educational programs for the Parkinson’s community to ensure quality; including program delivery, scheduling and curriculum development;
- · Work with team to ensure adequate tracking of metrics and reporting on project milestones;
- · Work with colleagues to determine how results will be measured and complete a post project-evaluation to determine how well results were achieved;
- · Work with development team to outline projects for funding possibilities.
- · Bachelor degree OR Certified Meeting Planner with five years’ experience.
- · Three years’ experience in event management or equivalent.
- · Experience working in team-oriented, fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- · Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- · Experience managing educational programs.
- · Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments.
- · Travel requirement 20%.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to . Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Professional Education Coordinator” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.