As a member of the Convention Sales team, the Regional Director of Sales - Midwest will assist in the procurement of booking convention sales business for the City of Baltimore. Work individually to cultivate new business and with Sales team to optimize existing business. The incumbent will be responsible and accountable for meeting and/or exceeding sales goals, and sales initiatives as defined in the annual sales and marketing plan. Initiate and maintain relationships with counterpart sales staff of all member hotel properties and the Baltimore Convention Center, and keep updated on city information, which may enhance and educate potential client's decision to book their business in Baltimore. Direct all regional sales activity focused on assigned market within designated region; focus sales efforts on generating new citywide business opportunities for Baltimore and managing all aspects of the sales process including closing business. Guide and assist Regional Sales Manager in the region in the same core areas of responsibility. Act as primary point of contact for relevant market segment sales activities including trade shows and direct sales initiatives. May lead and review the work of less experienced staff by providing mentoring, technical guidance and/or training in daily activities as the acknowledge expert on the market and customer issues.Home based office with 40-60% travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Handle solicitation of all citywide convention groups encompassing multi-hotel properties simultaneously and space within the Baltimore Convention Center and the City of Baltimore. Responsible for pricing and negotiating Convention Center space on the customer's behalf.
· Responsible for closing business, meeting or exceeding event and room night quota and lead quota
· Develop meaningful and robust FY action plans which are thorough and quantifiable. Utilize tools to evaluate and advance targeted business opportunities.
· Responsible for attending industry trade shows, both local and out of town, conduct site inspections, conduct in-person sales calls monthly, participate in FAM trips and direct sales initiatives, represent Baltimore in any community functions and networking opportunities pertaining to convention marketing/sales or Visit Baltimore membership programs to further support team mission and goals
· Maintain a working knowledge of the hospitality industry within the city of Baltimore. Maintain accurate account and booking information, as well as customer profiles in CRM.
· Distribute leads to member hotel properties and the Baltimore Convention Center, and act as a liaison between member properties and the client.
· Follow-up on all correspondence between hotels, convention center, attractions and clients.
· Identify and qualify business for the city that meet booking criteria.
· Comply with Company policies and procedures.
· Provide leadership in areas of expertise.
· Any other duties as assigned by Director of Citywide Sales.
- Minimum of 7+ years' experience in the hospitality industry with specific background in trade show market place, hotel or CVB experience strongly preferred;
- Experience with the formal bid process, proven sales skills as they relate to sourcing new business, qualifying customers, lead development and follow-up, sales presentations and networking skills;
- Must be familiar with the meetings industry and experienced with using assessments, rate negotiations, special deals, rebates and other negotiating tools;
- Must have superior customer service skills with the ability to communicate at all levels;
- Must be highly motivated, detail oriented and capable of handling multiple tasks at any one time as well as a proven track record of working independently;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products;
- Strong organizational and presentation skills;
- Willingness to work irregular hours and travel out of town to trade shows and meetings required.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Visit Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer.