Registration and Housing Manager
The Registration and Housing Manager at Scott Circle Events is responsible for managing a portfolio of registration and housing based projects and serves as the principal point of contact between event registrants and the Company. Candidates must demonstrate a reasonable understanding of all aspects of the conference registration process and hotel block management along with overall event / conference logistics. They must be enthusiastic, conscientious and a very strong communicator, thriving in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while performing customer-service oriented functions.
- Perform calmly and efficiently in high-pressure, fast-paced situations.
- Possess the ability to “think on your feet,” multi-task, and make thoughtful decisions in a high stakes environment.
- Exhibit significant attention to detail and maintain the ability to communicate in a customer service driven manner.
- Comprehend the overall objective / mission of the event and tailor the registration logistics and design to accomplish those goals.
- Be a strategic thinker and problem solver with the ability to creatively conceive solutions to meet emerging challenges.
- Be familiar and willing to learn various registration and housing platforms to include (but not limited to) Cvent and Passkey and be able to train and master other intricate database and event/conference management platforms as needed.
- Maintain a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university. Previous conference management experience is beneficial, though not an absolute requirement.
- Maintain full competency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Develop, budget, prepare, implement, and deliver on the goals of each registration project.
2. Build and manage efficient registration experiences to include setup of online registration systems, collection of attendee profile information and payment processing for multiple events.
- Lead on the day-to-day correspondence needs from event attendees to include management of an email inbox and event hotline.
- Maintain a database of and cultivate relationships with a network of reliable industry suppliers to provide all types of conference-related collateral.
- Design and manage onsite registration processes to include setup and distribution of badges.
- Serve as principal liaison with hotels on all sleeping room matters and monitor contracts to fulfill obligations.
- Carefully manage all financial components of the registration and housing process with a clear eye toward transparency and achieving the best value and return on investment for clients.
- Develop and cultivate strong working relationships with event attendees, clients, colleagues, on-site facility staff, suppliers and contractors to ensure client satisfaction.
- Demonstrate absolute professionalism and polish, always adhering to the highest standards of business practices.