Meeting Management Services (MMS), a meeting and registration firm is looking to hire a Registration Customer Service Agent. This role is a great launching pad to the meetings industry. MMS will train for this position. The candidate will:
- Serve as the first point of contact for our client’s conference attendees via phone and email.
- Provide heavy customer support by responding to phone calls, emails, and voicemails. Our clients are HIGH TOUCH!
- Understand each client’s registration requirements (training will be provided)
- Work with various clients using our online registration system (training will be provided)
- Process registration records - enter, review, edit, and change records as required and to ensure accuracy
- Managing the flow of forms and prioritizing entry order to maintain expectations
- Design conference participation lists
- Help support pre-conference prep
- Prepare and maintain outgoing educational materials shipments including collation of materials, shipping and tracking of shipments.
- Maintain inventory lists of supplies for the study kits and promote me kits.
- Participate in internal meetings and communicate registration status to the Dir of Registration
- Communicate to co-workers project updates and other important information
- Possible travel onsite for 3-6 meetings a year
IMPORTANT! This is not a meeting planning position
- Travel throughout the year for up to 10 days per trip. Some travel to take place on evening, weekends and holidays.
- Standard office environment requiring use of typical business equipment (e.g., computer, telephone, fax, copier, security system). Must have the ability to travel to events and perform on- site registration activities.
- Some lifting required for shipment of boxes (25 lbs)
Education and Experience
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong computer literacy with understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel. Working knowledge of Access a plus.
- Analytical skills, ability to multitask, and patience are key/required traits
The ideal candidate should be personable and customer service oriented, be able to work independently, be proactive, detailed oriented, have excellent problem solving skills, ensure timely processing of all responsibilities, ability to travel for meetings, work weekends (Saturday and Sunday), and have the desire to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
MMS offers a benefits package that including health, dental, vision, 401(k), medical savings account, and paid holidays. The office is conveniently located near the Mount Vernon Square/Convention Center Metro station (Green\Yellow) and currently has street parking available.
Interested candidates must send a cover letter and resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes received without a cover letter will be rejected. No calls accepted.