Under the direction of the Director of Events, leads all aspects of Registration and Housing for multiple events year round with coordination level support to the Events Team. This person oversees the relationship with key service providers who support our events. Additional responsibilities include: budgeting/financial management, projections, data manipulation and reporting, housing, some logistical planning and excellent customer service. The Registration Manager often works in tandem with the Project Manager to support event experiences. In addition, this position is responsible for the maintenance of vendor and hotel contract files and meeting and event history.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead entire Registration process, from establishing projections and architecture thru to publication for all PCMA events. This includes leading internal meetings, working with project owners to ensure all information is collected for registration sites, budget projections spreadsheets, reporting, ordering necessary materials (name badges, lanyards, etc), CU scanning (if applicable), onsite registration coordination including support staff, reconciliation, website content, airline and car rental discount information, historical data management, etc.
• Registration Manager assigns all program codes (discount, comp, etc) required by program, creates necessary attendee types and tracks usage/pick up against budget estimates.
• Registration lead with internal staff from various departments and outside vendors to develop, design, improve and manage the housing for all PCMA events. This includes budget projections spreadsheets, VIP housing lists, contract negotiations, contract addendums, room block management with housing outsource company, main contact with outsource company, managing & fulfilling contracted hotel concessions, coordinate hotel room drops with internal staff, main contact for any housing questions, refunds needed, etc
• Registration Manager performs regular audits of data to ensure accuracy of information.
• Works as an integral part of the team of event staff to plan and execute various logistical aspects of PCMA’s annual meeting, Convening Leaders (4,000 attendees) and PCMA’s mid-year Education Conference (800 attendees) including, but not limited to, signage, expo/deco, temps, first aid, etc.)
• Oversees Convening Leaders Host City Registration volunteers needed for onsite support
• Responsible for building project projections for all projects requiring registration.
• Conducts research for various department projects including gathering and organizing information on potential sites; vendors; quotes for budgeting, etc.
• Coordinate registration layout and Lead onsite reg experience for PCMA conferences as needed
• Travel to and participate in PCMA activities as designated by senior staff.
• Bachelor’s Degree (in hospitality field preferred but not required)
• Three (3) to (5) Five years plus years of related experience in a similar position in the meeting industry, preferably in an association environment and preferably with registration and housing experience.
• Extreme proficiency in Excel and solid technical aptitude. Love numbers!
• Flexibility to work long hours, some weekends, and travel domestically and internationally when necessary.
• CMP certification a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Highly technologically savvy.
• Extremely detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Positive attitude.
• Self-motivated and takes initiative.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong knowledge of advanced computer skills in Microsoft, Excel, Power Point, Salesforce, Act On, Toggle, and Asana.
• Ability to learn new software applications with relative ease.
• Strong work ethic and excellent customer services skills.
• Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with the public. • Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to multi-task while staying focused and accurate.
• Ability to work independently and be a team player.
• Ability to make important decisions and to know when to refer decisions to others.
• Creative thinker with innovative spirit.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
• Ability to perform work utilizing a computer for extended periods of time.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time in performing the work.
• Ability to grasp objects utilizing the fingers (fine motor manipulation).
• Ability to travel by air or ground transportation as required in performing the work.