The National Restaurant Association has dynamic opportunity for a Registration Manager, who brings proven success managing complex registration services in an Association environment.
As an integral member of our Convention Team, you will lead the overall planning, process and implementation of registration services for our premier events including the National Restaurant Association Show, Restaurant Revenue Growth Conference and New England Food Show, plus other key meetings and events throughout the year.
Ideal candidates bring minimum five years of hands-on management of registration services for large-scale meetings and events, including attendee, exhibitor, speakers, press, board, staff and vendors. Must bring a collaborative and client-service spirit, strong data and analytical skills, plus highly developed project management and organizational skills. Previous experience with IMIS and Experient platforms preferred.
- Manage overall registration process for the National Restaurant Association Show, Restaurant Revenue Growth Conference, New England Foodshow (NEFS), Executive Study Groups (ESG) and other critical NRA meetings as needed, including the oversight, development and implementation of all pertinent individual registration processes (attendee, exhibitor, speaker, press, board, staff, vendor) and badge production process in coordination with outside vendor which you will manage.
- Manage onsite operations for National Restaurant Association Show, Restaurant Revenue Growth Conference and NEFS; manage onsite operations for Public Affairs, Restaurant Innovation Summit and larger ESG meetings.
- Produce accurate and timely statistical/financial reporting; analyze data and report on trends within registration data.
- Manage the lead retrieval ordering and attendee list rental process.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department to develop and be responsible for the content of the National Restaurant Association Show Restaurant Revenue Growth Conference and NEFS registration website pages, and attendee FAQ documents.
- Review and edit marketing promotions and materials related to registration and transportation.
- Develop and manage the registration process for the National Restaurant Association Show High School Visitation Program.
- Develop and manage the registration process for international attendee participation in the Department of Commerce International Buyer Program.
- Train and manage Registration Specialist.
- Train and support the registration vendor customer service staff.
- Hire, train and manage internal part-time customer service staff.
- Develop and manage the registration process for various National Restaurant Association Show and NEFS attendee programs (Restaurants Rock, and other programs as developed).
- Track National Restaurant Association Show and Restaurant Revenue Growth Conference registration revenue and expenses; review and process invoices/billing; and be accountable for budget analysis, reporting and adherence.
- Source, negotiate, contract and manage the onsite temporary agency. Develop procedures and train staff.
- Assist Director of Meetings with managing the transportation operations for the National Restaurant Association Show to include shuttle buses and Metra train service.
- Accountable for processing hotel space release requests, producing weekly reports and customer service inquiries.
- Work on special projects and other duties as required helping to promote department’s success.
- Provide overall onsite management support.
- College degree in business related field preferred.
- 5-8 years of Trade Show Registration Management experience.
- Broad fundamental trade show knowledge.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, priority-setting and time management skills.
- Project management experience; ability to balance multiple people, projects and priorities.
- Highly developed communications skills, verbal, written and presentation.
- Computer proficiency across MS Office including strong Excel and PowerPoint skills; ability to learn other computer software programs as needed; enter and maintain accurate data/information.
- Strong analytical thinker with proven experience in data analytics.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work records.
- Highly adaptable, flexible; responsive and accepting of change.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently; a self-initiator, versatile and assumes risk with responsibility.
- Proven people management skills, including mentoring and coaching.
- Demonstrative abilities in collaborative team building and consensus.
- Broad fundamental understanding of the restaurant industry/business environment.
- Thrives in fast-paced environment.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and a proactive team player.