ACCREDITATION COUNCIL FOR GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION
The following describes the various aspects of the designated job. Some or all of these aspects may be changed over time, with or without notice, at the sole discretion of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States (U.S.) on a full-time basis. The ACGME will not provide employment sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B Visa or other U.S. employment authorization).
Title: Registration Manager
Department: Department of Education
Reports To: Director, Educational Activities
Work Schedule: Full-Time
The ACGME is currently seeking a Registration Manager to oversee the development, on-site installation (if required), implementation, and administration of registration for in-person ACGME educational activities. This position contributes to overall team success by identifying problems and proactively seeking out methods for improvement and efficiency.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Design, develop, and implement web-based registration systems for ACGME educational activities.
· Drive planning efforts for multiple activities within the ACGME.
· Project manage individual activities by creating and maintaining registration, fee collection, and setting timelines to ensure on-time delivery.
· Lead and coordinate all aspects of registration, including pre-planning, design, and post-event wrap-up.
· Ensure all registered participants are informed in a timely manner of details/guidelines for each event.
· Develop and maintain relationships and communication with other ACGME departments to ensure critical deadlines and budgetary guidelines are met.
· Maintain the construct and integrity of the online event registration system ensuring continual functionality and communication of registration software issues with vendor.
· Maintain relationship with registration system vendor to ensure quality and assess methods for improvement regularly.
· Research, evaluate, and manage contracts with registration system vendor to ensure proper use of funds for development and improvement.
· Monitor revenue and collection of registration and exhibit fees. Work closely with Finance to ensure prompt reporting.
· Provide timely collection of delinquent registration fees and notifications of registration cancellations.
· Provide registration support and training to departmental administrative staff members responsible for each activity.
· Manage and analyze data, including year-end reports for the Annual Educational Conference and workshops, financials, attendee demographics, meeting costs, and analysis.
Communication and Website:
· Serve as team point person for Education web pages:
o Responsible for submission of all postings related to the Annual Educational Conference.
o Coordinate page design/organization for other educational activity web content as needed.
o Coordinate all communications to advertise the Annual Educational Conference, including in the e-Communication and through other marketing tools, in collaboration with the Department of Communication.
· Communicate with Communications staff to ensure proper translation to site.
· Collaborate with the Communications staff for advertisement of other educational activities on the website.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
· Familiarity with registration software required; experience with C-Vent a plus.
· Some HTML background required.
· Must be skilled and experienced in adapting registration software for individual events.
· Must have strong Internet and MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and specifically, a strong background in reporting using Excel.
· Must be skilled in applying logic and rules in developing parameters for specific fields in registration system.
· Must possess outstanding organizational and communications skills, and be extremely detail oriented, well organized, and thorough in approaching assigned tasks.
· Must demonstrate flexibility and problem-solving skills to resolve difficult situations in a professional and calm manner.
· Must be flexible and able to meet deadline demands while handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
· Must have excellent customer service skills, and be able to adapt to crisis situations, changing procedures, methods, or processes.
· Must be able to manage a workload of diverse tasks, and organize and prioritize workflow.
· Must be capable of exercising independent judgment and decision-making.
· Must be able to solve problems and complete tasks with minimum supervision.
· Must have experience working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Position requires the significant use of standard office equipment, such as a computer, keyboard, mouse, photo copier, fax machine, telephone, etc.
· Most of the work of the Registration Manager is done in the Chicago office of the ACGME with the typical physical demands of an office environment.
· Physical presence in the ACGME office to carry out the responsibilities of this position is required.
· This position requires attendance at a minimum of two out-of-the-office, and/or out of state conferences or meetings per year, each lasting between two to five days, typically over weekends.
· This position may requires weekend work in conjunction with attendance at conferences/meetings, and a heavy time commitment, often exceeding normal work hours, for conference/meeting preparation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the Registration Manager:
· Will be required to sit and work for extended periods of time at a computer terminal using various programs and other computer tools.
· Will be required to lift, pack, and unpack trunks weighing at least 20 pounds for conferences/meetings.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer