Convention Data Services is hiring a Sales
Account Executive to manage the account relationships of our existing client base. The Account
Executive (AE) will be based in the greater DC area and is the sales
contact and relationship manager between CDS and our clients. This individual
will responsible for
achieving account revenue and profitability objectives through client
retention and increase sales while ensuring
successful delivery of contracted services & maintaining industry knowledge
and awareness. This is a full time opportunity that reports directly to
the Sales and Exhibitor Services Manager.
- Negotiates, and renews contracts to achieve maximum revenue, profitability, service quality, and long term commitment to achieve CDS profitability objectives by identifying upsell opportunities.
- Develops service proposals, facilitates presentations and closes sales.
- Review and approve contracts, addendums, and client billing.
- Ensure Lead Retrieval Sales targets are met for each event by monitoring sales regularly.
- Manages and maintains existing client account relationships.
- Develops a thorough understanding of client objectives and identify and assess client business requirements.
- Develops an account strategy to meet the needs of both the client and CDS.
- Establishes and achieves account goals, objectives and corresponding action plan as developed with Executive Vice President of Sales.
- Maintains consistent and regular contact with client and with the internal CDS event team.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of CDS products and services and matches services to client needs and objectives.
- Provides communication to company regarding account and event strategy, services to be provided and deliverable dates.
- Conducts effective sales overview meetings.
- Conduct effective post event reviews and evaluations with the client and the team.
- Attends and represents CDS at industry events, trade shows and functions.
- Must be able to identify sales opportunities and possess analytical sales aptitude.
- Must possess the ability to think strategically and solve problems.
- Must be highly organized, client focused service oriented.
- A proven track record in sales and account management.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to establish working relationships with staff of all levels of the organization.
- Previous sales experience is required.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time; must be able to use computer and telephone equipment, including typing on keyboard.
- Must be able to think analytically, concentrate on tasks and remember details.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience required.