Sales Manager – Georgia World Congress Center Authority
Here at the Georgia World Congress Center Authority we offer fulfilling and sensational careers on a campus which includes the fourth largest convention center in the United States, the Georgia World Congress Center; the site of the 1996 Olympic Games, Centennial Olympic Park and the Savannah Convention Center. Our mission is to promote and facilitate events and activities that generate economic benefits to the citizens of the State of Georgia and the City of Savannah as well as enhance the quality of life for every Georgian.
The GWCCA is currently seeking a Sales Manager in Savannah to join our team. Be a part of our team of the 330,000 square foot Savannah Convention Center located directly across from historic Savannah and on the Savannah River.
The Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting and servicing business for the Convention Center in accordance with the marketing plan and assigned market territories with a concentration on groups in the Northeast and Greater DC area. The Sales Manager will be responsible for implementation and management of their assigned territories in all segments; corporate, association, third party and SMERF, The Sales Manager position reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing and must be able to fulfill designated sales goals for revenue as directed by their supervisor
Our ideal candidate will be a transformational leader with a passion for innovation. Successful employees at the Georgia World Congress Center Authority embody our four core values- to be one, to be honest, to be stewards, to be dynamic – and share our vision to be the #1 convention, sports, and entertainment destination in the world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet or exceed pre-determined booking goals for revenue;
- Responsible for prompt handling (within the business day) of inquiry calls, RFP’s, client inquires and monitoring the efficient flow of paperwork relative to confirming function details to the client
- Compile lists of prospective clients for use as sales leads based upon prospecting calls and emails, industry events, sales missions, outside sales calls and other sources.
- Maintain client base of key accounts and events
- Responsible for maximizing profitability and ensuring overall guest satisfaction.
- Monitor sales efforts and make adjustments as required
- Attend industry events and trade shows as directed by the Director of Sales and Marketing
- Organize sales missions in assigned territory
- Maintain liaison with Visit Savannah sales partner
- Prepare weekly activity report to include all financial booking performance and personal call reports for active solicitation performed
- Evaluate a potential piece of business for profitability and overall benefit to the convention center and negotiate effectively with potential clients.
- Complete coordination of the Sales group functions; accurate and timely preparation of detailed Sales Proposals and Contracts as necessary to ensure a common quality understanding of what the client is to receive in terms of products and services
- Represent convention center in community affairs and industry related events
- Participate in the marketing plans, promotions and services
- Attend department meetings, interdepartmental meetings as needed, and all managers meetings
- Actively participate in convention center events and activities
- Meet specified goals and objectives for facility.
- Research, identify and establish the appropriateness of groups for the facility.
- Enter and maintain complete and accurate information in Ungerboeck EBMS software.
- Provide assistance and staff support to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Perform normal office-related functions in standard office setting
- Not substantially exposed to adverse conditions
- Activities occur both inside and outside the Center
- Manage time in an environment where priorities change quickly
- Travel vis airplane required
- Possession of a valid driver’s license to operate motor vehicle and able to drive/transport self and others.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Work evenings/weekends and or holidays as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Ability to prioritize tasks & to manage workload using own initiative
- Ability to multi-task & work under pressure with limited resources
- High degree of integrity and compliance
- Ability to build and maintain customer focused relationships with internal and external customers
- Thoroughness in task approach, follow-up & completion
- Excellent computer skills
- Assess, weigh and manage risk in the face of uncertainty
- Ability to demonstrate an aptitude for developing sales principles and techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable in the procedures, methods, and techniques of sales
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as required.
- Knowledge of EBMS software preferred.
- Experience in public facility highly preferred.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of three (3) years sales experience, preferably in convention, hospitality, multi-purpose or service organization
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in marketing, business, hospitality or related field
- Experience may serve as a substitute for education based on two (2) years’ experience for one (1) year of experience
To learn more about our culture and campus, visit us at www.gwcca.org and www.savtcc.com