Talley Management Group, Inc. is seeking a full-time Meeting Planner to plan and execute meetings on behalf of several TMG client partners. This position will report ectly to a the client partner's account executive.
A successful candidate will have 5+ years of meeting planning experience. Candidates should have experience planning scientific & international conferences of over 1,000 attendees.
- Provide strategic ection of future meetings and events for the client partner.
- Prepare and distribute RFPs, prepare proposals for future meeting cities and venues, and negotiate contracts on behalf of the client partner.
- Determine fiscal requirements, prepare budgetary recommendations and monitor Board approved event budgets.
- Identify all aspects of event risk assessment and crisis management planning strategies.
- Provide post-event analysis, budget recaps and participant feedback and incorporate learning into future plans.
- Develop and maintain client partner Standard Operating Procedures.
- Manage the ion and usage of an abstract submission system, manage the submission process in coordination with the IOC. CadmiumCD abstract system experience preferred.
- Preparation and coordination of the client Abstract Book in coordination with appropriate internal workgroups.
- Determine the needs, prepare and execute client event poster sessions, including sourcing of appropriate vendors.
- Coordinate speaker information, sending of invitations, tracking acceptance of speakers, and handling of travel needs.
- Collaborate with appropriate parties to determine event programs, sessions and speakers.
- Management of registration platform, including reporting.
General Meeting Management
- Maintain and manage meeting planning timeline for pre, onsite and post meeting that enables and anticipates long-term planning and effective event management.
- Manage the ion and usage of a registration system and produce registration reports.
- Supervise, ect and coordinate the activities of personnel, subcontractors and vendors as required to successfully execute all aspects of the event on the scheduled delivery day.
- Determine and manage the Food and Beverage, Audio Visual, Security, and Staffing needs of client events.
- Review meeting space, manage room assignments and determine room sets.
- Trouble-shoot and smooth issues relating to the successful execution of the event program.
- Source and manage any needed vendors to ensure execution of client events.
- Determine staff travel schedules, roles and responsibilities.
Sponsorship and Exhibits
- In coordination with the Executive ector, entify potential revenue streams and determine sponsorship and exhibit opportunities/levels associated with each event.
- Manage exhibit and sponsorship sales and ensure all benefits are implemented.
- Design and implement exhibition space, source appropriate decorator contractor for exhibit space.
Marketing and Communications
- Establish communication protocols and operating procedures with client Executive ectors, communications staff and volunteer program committees to effectively promote events to target audiences.
- Manage speaker communication and logistics pre-event and onsite to ensure preparedness to provide effective presentations and materials.
- Provide logistical content for meeting website.
- Direct and execute the marketing effort of client events.
- 5+ years' experience in association meeting planning
- CMP not required, but given preference
- Travel to client meetings, domestic and international