Organization Description: Founded in 1912, the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB) was originally created by three independent scientific organizations to provide a forum in which to hold educational meetings, develop publications, and disseminate biological research results. What started as a small group of dedicated scientists has grown to be the nation's largest coalition of biomedical researchers, representing 31 scientific societies and over 130,000 researchers from around the world. FASEB is now recognized as the voice of advocacy for biological and biomedical research scientists.
Position Summary: Assist the FASEB Office of Scientific Meetings and Conferences (OSMC) meetings staff with meeting(s) preparation and execution. Please find a general overview of possible tasks and responsibilities below. Actual assignments depend on the individual project cycle at the time of the internship.General Tasks and Responsibilities
General Logistics Support
· Assist in the preparation of poster session logistics.
· Create/proof signage and/or sign inserts.
· Coordinate packing and shipping of conference materials.
· Collect bios, abstracts, speaker materials.
· Maintain speakers and awardee spreadsheets and prepares letters and reimbursement forms/procedures.
· Assist in the development of meeting content, updates and posts information for website and mobile app.
· Prepare call for abstracts, save the date, promotional material, flyers, s, and slides.
· Collect material for development of Program and Addendum.
· Prepare schedule, general information, and special functions section of program.
· Compile program/abstract book.
· Assist Registrar with all general registration processes as needed/assigned.
· Assist in assembling attendee materials, e.g. producing badges and any associated info cards and organizing registration materials for on-site distribution.
· Assist with preparing RFPs.
· Compile incoming proposals for review.
· Assist in finalizing arrangements with various meeting vendors (decorator, audiovisual, hotel, mobile app, etc.).
Other Job Functions
· Perform various administrative duties including but not limited to: Preparation of, proofing and editing correspondence; coordinating mailings; responding to routine questions and requests for information.
· Special projects as assigned.
· May assist in on-site execution of local events.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
· High degree of professionalism.
· Strong organizing skills.
· Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously.
· Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team.
· Good research and writing skills.
· Excellent verbal communication skills.
· Ability to learn new technologies and processes quickly.Work Location/Hours
· In-office support at Bethesda location only.
· Flexible on days in office.
· Generally looking for 12-15 hours of support/week for 12-16 weeks.
· Paid internship, $12.75/hour.
· Start date flexible.
· Performance evaluation at end of internships available upon request.
· Please visit http://www.faseb.org/employment to apply. You will need to submit a resume and cover letter