The Senior Meeting Planner is a highly visible role which demands extensive customer service skills, a high level of professionalism and willingness to handle all planning and administrative details of meetings and events, including development and management of the exhibit/sponsorship sales and fulfillment plan for the ASCP Annual Meeting. The ideal candidate must thrive in a challenging and fast paced atmosphere where prioritizing, multi-tasking, and working autonomously are the norm. Exceptional attention to detail and first class organizational skills are mandatory. This dynamic position will report to the Director of Meeting Services & Special Events and work in a team environment to produce events, meetings and additional projects as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct hotel and facility site selection for assigned ASCP meetings, including space evaluation, feasibility/utility and contract negotiation.
- Communicate site selection results and details to all internal stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Perform all meeting planning functions for assigned ASCP projects to include registration, housing, logistics, and internal and external communications for both domestic and international meetings, as applicable.
- Perform post-event follow-up to include: bill reconciliation, records actuals, and debriefing meeting attendance for assigned ASCP projects in a timely manner.
- Act as the lead planner as assigned on logistics for the Annual Meeting.
- Manage the sales and fulfillment process with exhibitors and corporate sponsors for the ASCP Annual Meeting.
- Perform on-site meeting management functions for assigned ASCP projects.
- Proactively provide appropriate on-site resolutions for all meeting participants.
- Manage budget process for assigned ASCP projects and consistently provide appropriate budget reforecasting numbers.
- Communicate status and information to Director of Meeting Services & Special Events (and/or other key stakeholders) during each phase of project(s), from strategic planning through end of project debriefing.
- Monitor and measure event benchmarks to align with the ASCP strategic plan.
- Apply industry best practices to analyze risks.
- Research and implement new services and/or technology to enhance meetings.
- Coordinate and support the Meeting Services & Special Events Department with strategic projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Certified meeting professional (CMP) designation preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in meeting planning, including food & beverage, hotel contract negotiation, and budget planning/financial management.
- 3-5 years of experience in exhibit and sponsorship sales and management.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task while planning and managing various projects.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work across all departments at ASCP to serve internal meeting planning needs.
- Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate self-motivation.
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, and related database programs.
- Possess a creative and strategic approach to the job and have the ability to proactively identify and implement process improvements.
- Experience with association meeting planning and working with volunteer leadership (boards, committees, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with International meeting planning preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: /Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran