REQUISITION NUMBER: 1149
JOB TITLE: Sponsorship Fulfillment Assistant (Project Assistant II)
SALARY: Grade (6); Full-time; Non-Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Program Manager
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
Each year the IACP hold multiple meetings and events as well as an Annual Conference and Exposition with 15,000+ attendees. The incumbent of this position will provide support to our exhibits team, including answering exhibitor questions, collecting and maintaining exhibitor files. Additionally, this individual will handle sponsorship fulfillment for the organization.
- Coordinate with
third-party sponsorship sales manager to assist sponsors with the
fulfillment of their benefits
- Communicate on a daily basis with off-site sales manager on sponsorship status
- Maintain records on sponsors to include payment, booth space, registration standing and fulfillment status
- Communicate regularly with sponsors to facilitate a positive relationship and experience with the IACP. Serve as their customer services representative to the association
- Collect and share sponsor logos in appropriate formats for website, signage, and publication
- Manage online sponsorship presence to maintain proper display of logos, links and profiles
- Collaborate with exhibit managers and show decorators on signage location and production
- Work with exhibits and membership manager to facilitate attendee list distribution
- Work with conference manager and managing editor of Police Chief Magazine to ensure proper display of logo recognition of sponsors on conference related print advertisements
- Identify, bid, and secure third-party providers to fulfill collateral orders such as pens, writing pads, etc.
- Onsite support to include checks of sponsored booths (logo signage, catering fulfillment, sponsor session management) and help resolve any on-site issues
- Serve as point of contact for telephone calls and emails regarding annual conference housing, registration and exhibitor questions
- Assist with
organizing meeting team files:
- Exhibitor records (Island Booth Designs, Firearms Registration Forms, Vehicle Registration Forms, Booth Activity Forms, EAC notification and registration, and new products listings)
- Assist with advanced booth placement process and updating priority point records
- Collect and maintain meeting wrap-up reports/stats to include registration counts, food & beverage spending, pick-up reports, etc.
- Future year and vendor contracts, monitoring the contract and payment deadlines
- Maintain meeting team invoices and process payments
Associate degree and two years of administrative and/or project support work or equivalent work experience. Bachelor degree preferred.
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
· Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to learn IACP specific software programs. Experience with event planning software a plus.
· Experience with conference event planning, housing, banquets, and food & beverage
· Multi-tasker with ability to handle new assignments in a fast-paced customer service environment
· Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
· Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
· Position requires excellent telephone etiquette and strong attention to detail
- Occasional travel
may be required
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
All cover letters must contain the name of the position being applied for as well as the requisition number. Please note that applications received without all the requested information will not be forwarded for review.
All applications must be received by JANUARY 25, 2018.
Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) offers a generous benefits package to
its core staff to include: Competitive Salary; Paid Annual & Sick Leave; 10
paid holidays per year; Health/Vision/Dental Coverage (premiums mostly paid by
IACP); Life Insurance/AD&D, 2x salary (100% of premiums paid by IACP);
Short & Long Term Disability Coverage (100% of premiums paid by IACP);
Parking/Transportation Subsidy; 403 (B) Retirement Savings Plan; Flexible
Spending Account – Medical & Dependent Care; Direct Deposit; Free Gym
The IACP is an equal opportunity employer. Federal law prohibits discrimination in employment practices on the basis of race, color, religious affiliation, national origin, sex, age, or disability. No information requested on this application will be used for the purpose of excluding any applicant’s consideration for employment because of his or her race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.