SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned professional services company focused on associations and meetings, is looking for a Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing for SDI, a corporate and incentive travel company (which is part of the family of SmithBucklin companies, based in our Chicago office.
The Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing (SVPSM) for SDI provides leadership, direction, supervision and stewardship to the organization. The SVPSM is also responsible for maintaining, evaluating, strengthening and developing strong customer, employee and supplier relationships. The SVPSM oversees day to day operations in the office and on-site at programs, maintaining and developing the needed infrastructure to support current and future operations. In addition, the SVPSM is accountable for overall sales and operational performance, supporting the profitable achievement of the organizations goals and for maintaining and achieving a firm business strategy. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the success of a recognized leader in the meetings and incentive travel industry.
SDI delivers world-class performance and planning solutions in Incentive Travel, Strategic Meetings, and Special Events. SDI’s product solutions make a world of difference to clients and their audiences, by delivering brilliant creativity for out-of-this-world experiences on down-to-earth budgets. SDI’s solutions amaze, illuminate, inspire, educate and engage our clients. They reward efforts and recognize achievements. SDI has a stellar reputation supported by long-standing clients, suppliers and employees and they provide best in class personalized services putting their customer’s needs first, last and always. They know that travel will change their client’s lives. Welcome to SDI’s World and begin your journey today!
What You Will Do
- Develop a full grasp of SDI’s history, clients, products and services, strategic advantages, and a clear picture of how SDI goes to market.
- Provide leadership to a team of 15 SDI employees in Sales, Marketing and Operational activities
- Working with the SDI CEO, understand and align the organization’s sales, marketing and operational objectives with firm business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales and operational resource planning and budgeting and on-site experience.
- Meet assigned targets for sales volume, profitability, new sales, and other key financial performance objectives.
- Effectively oversee day-to-day operations within SDI and ensure performance is on track to achieve profit and growth objectives. Identify gaps in performance and implement needed corrective actions to get back on track.
- Act as second in command (working closely with the SDI CEO), providing a strong leadership presence in dealings with customers, strategic business partners, industry organizations and suppliers
- Gain expertise in all aspects of SDI’s operations and financials through active participation and supervision of operational roles.
- Provide a secondary level of leadership and mentoring to the SDI organization while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high performance, and ethical behavior, as well as support for the current leadership at SDI and SmithBucklin.
- Lead change initiatives by continuously assessing the need for organizational change, championing change initiatives and working to remove obstacles impeding constructive change.
- Establish and maintain productive peer-to-peer relationships with SDI employees, SmithBucklin management and employees, customers, prospects and suppliers.
- Serve as an executive representative and support SmithBucklin corporate priorities and requirements as needed.
This Role Might Be for You If You Are…
- An individual with extensive experience in the Meetings, Travel and Incentive industry, specifically in the sales, marketing and operations of incentive travel programs, meetings and special events.
- A strategic and visionary leader, with the ability to envision future possibilities and translate them into measurable strategies and results.
- A business leader with a high level of business acumen and customer focus; an individual who does what it takes to meet the needs of clients as well as fosters strong relationships leveraging exceptional interpersonal skills and approaches to deal with a variety of stakeholders
- Results-driven and a problem solver, someone who comfortably embraces challenges and seeks to tackle them head-on with a sense of urgency and professionalism.
- Highly collaborative, with a proven record of accomplishment in building partnerships and fostering collaboration across internal and external teams
- A strong negotiator, with proven track record in driving and delivering results
- An exceptional communicatorthat has expertise in coaching, counseling and mentoring employees, building rapport, and a strong team culture.
- Someone with vision and purposethat has a history of painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy of an organization and motivating others to action
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum 12-15 years of industry experience with recent Executive level leadership experience
- Demonstrated passion for the mission of his/her organization, his/her professional community and cultivating a continuous learning culture
- Knowledge and a measurable track record of elevating the profile of companies within the Travel and Incentive industry
- History of leading a team and managing professional growth and development
- Effective presentation and public speaking skills are required
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- An undergraduate degree is required; an advanced degree is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50% travel
Where Do You Fit?
As an accomplished executive, working at SmithBucklin will offer you opportunities to grow your career, build skills and gain rich experience. Working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people the opportunity to be owners and contributors to the growth and success of a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.