The Tourism and Visitor Services Coordinator provides principal logistical support to leisure tourism and visitor service initiatives and the daily operations of the Tourism and Visitor Services Departments.
This position is required by the Tourism and Visitor Services department of Destination DC serves also as the tourism department’s liaison to the rest of Destination DC’s leadership and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, but are not limited to)
1. Coordinates the execution of all Tourism/Visitor Services action plan to include but not limited to: Familiarization tours (FAM) itineraries, site inspections, tradeshows and special events. Coordination will be in conjunction with the individual sales manager on initial draft itineraries, outreach to customers/members and partners, execution of all events, fulfillment of assets of tradeshow booths and coordinates follow-up for all activities.
2. Maintains working relationship with hospitality and tourism industry and keeps local businesses informed of various tourism and visitor service programs.
3. Generates and distributes tourism leads to Destination DC membership when sales managers are not available.
4. Responsible for the project management of all tourism activities per action plan.
5. Process all Job Request Forms (JRFs) related to tourism events.
6. Serves as coordinator to all DDC departments to ensure activities, as it relates to the tourism and visitor services department, are fulfilled.
7. Ability to be proficient with DDC IT designated programs to include Simpleview CRM, email distribution platforms and Cvent.
8. Provide sales related support to Tourism staff as needed
9. Execute all other duties as assigned by the Vice-President of Tourism and Associate Director, Tourism Sales.
Experience, Competencies & Education
· Bachelor’s degree (B.B.A./B.S./B.A.) from four-year college or university in hospitality & tourism management, sales, marketing, or related field requested.
· Minimum two years progressive hospitality industry related experience.
· Superior time management skills, multitasking skills and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision are essential
· Willingness to work evenings and weekends; ability to travel as required
· Strong command of Microsoft Office applications and destination management software systems required.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently
· Team player and capable of thinking outside the box.
· Superior organizational/presentation skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to solve problems and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment.
· Experience in destination marketing and/or hospitality a plus.
· Must be able to legally work in the United States of America.
Accountabilities & Measures
Periodic performance evaluations gauging qualitative performance against identified goals.
Americans with Disabilities Specifications
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing most of the duties of this job, the employee may not be exposed to weather condition. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.