Manage and supervise the day to day activities of the Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC) Sales Department and Marketing and Community Relations Specialist. Work closely with the Los Angeles Tourism and Convention Board sales staff to assist their efforts to book citywide conventions at the LACC.
Oversees the sales (4) and marketing (1) staff.
Perform all sales-related functions in support of the basic marketing plan, including:
Account solicitation in the local, state, regional, and national markets to identify and develop potential new revenue streams and strengthen the relationship with current clients. VP handles citywide accounts of two LATCB reps.
Develop the basic sales and marketing plan to include advertising, specialty advertising items, etc.
At the direction of the General Manager, carry out specific marketing plans relating to major events using support of advertising, specialty advertising and other related sales functions. Represent the Convention Center at various trade-related functions and conventions.
Be knowledgeable of the basic concept of the Convention Center and assist the LATCB in the selling and marketing direction of the Convention Center.
Maintain liaison with local hotels and suppliers by taking an active part in all facets of the industry.
Such other duties, functions, special projects, and responsibilities as assigned by the Assistant General Manager.
Be knowledgeable in all-administrative procedures and operational procedures of LACC and must maintain a high public and professional image at all times in representing the LACC. Provides reports to the Assistant General Manager, General Manager and City Department as requested regarding inquiries, bookings, site visits and other sales activities.
Oversee all Public Relations – press releases, award submissions. Oversee development and production of annual report, all collateral materials, website, etc.
Develop the short-term Sales and Marketing plan to attract consumer shows, banquets, etc.
Ensure the maintenance of all record keeping in the Sales Department is accurate and thorough.
Meet with team regularly. Set and monitor goals for each employee.
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field. Additional years of experience may be substituted for college degree.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related field. Additional years of experience may be substituted for college degree.
- 7+ Years of related work experience: Ability to maintain good business relations with guests, clients and service providers.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in convention center or hospitality setting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and the ability to learn required business systems. Experience with EBMS a plus.
- Ability to work independently and drive results Must be able to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high-pressure environment Must possess exceptional presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
EOE/M/F/D/V Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran